- 1 medium pomfret, cut into 6-8 pieces
- 6-8 ladies fingers, cut into half diagonally
- 60 g tamarind pulp
- 680 g water
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 10 g Gula Melaka, chopped or grated
- 1 Bunga Kantan (Ginger Flower)
- 3-4 sprigs Daun Kesom (Vietnamese Basil)
- 50 g cooking oil
- 10 dried chillies, soaked in water until soft
- 5 fresh chillies
- 2 stalks Lemon grass, cut into 3-4
- 1.5" galangal, cut into half
- 1" turmeric
- 15 g belacan (shrimp paste)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Slice bud of Bunga Kantan thinly. Cut the stem into two.
2. Tie daun kesom into a bundle.
3. Soak tamarind pulp in water to extract juice.
4. Remove seeds from both the chillies. Retain if you want a spicier curry.
1. Place curry paste ingredients into the bowl. Blitz 20secs/sp10. Scrape down sides of bowl. Repeat blitzing. Scrape down again.
2. Pour in oil. Saute 6mins/veroma/sp2.
3. While paste is sauteing, arrange fish pieces in the lower veroma tray and ladies fingers on the top layer.
3. Add in tamarind juice, salt, gula melaka, stem of Bunga Kantan, Daun kesom. Position veroma trays on top of the bowl. Cook 12mins/veroma/reverse/sp 2.
4. Remove veroma tray. Put fish and ladies finegrs into a Thermoserver or a serving bowl.
5. Adjust the taste of the curry by adding salt, sugar or tamarind to liking. Mix 10secs/veroma/reverse/sp2.
6. Pour curry over fish and garnish with sliced Bunga Kantan.
7. Serve with hot rice.
1. Prawns, squid or chicken can be used to replace fish.
2. For a vegetarian curry, replace fish with pineapple, cucumber, brinjal, or/and firm tofu.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Honey Sriracha Prawns
- Chilli Mussels
- Coconut Rice with Salmon and veggies ALL IN ONE
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Tuna and Ricotta Balls
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Mums Tuna Mornay
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Curried tuna
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Creamy Garlic Prawn
- My Mother's Seafood Chowder
- Lemonade Scones
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- Cheat's sourdough
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- onion sauce
- Basic Baleada
- CWA Afghan Biscuits
- Smooth Peanut Butter
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon