- 1 medium pomfret, cut into 6-8 pieces
- 6-8 ladies fingers, cut into half diagonally
- 60 g tamarind pulp
- 680 g water
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 10 g Gula Melaka, chopped or grated
- 1 Bunga Kantan (Ginger Flower)
- 3-4 sprigs Daun Kesom (Vietnamese Basil)
- 50 g cooking oil
- 10 dried chillies, soaked in water until soft
- 5 fresh chillies
- 2 stalks Lemon grass, cut into 3-4
- 1.5" galangal, cut into half
- 1" turmeric
- 15 g belacan (shrimp paste)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Slice bud of Bunga Kantan thinly. Cut the stem into two.
2. Tie daun kesom into a bundle.
3. Soak tamarind pulp in water to extract juice.
4. Remove seeds from both the chillies. Retain if you want a spicier curry.
1. Place curry paste ingredients into the bowl. Blitz 20secs/sp10. Scrape down sides of bowl. Repeat blitzing. Scrape down again.
2. Pour in oil. Saute 6mins/veroma/sp2.
3. While paste is sauteing, arrange fish pieces in the lower veroma tray and ladies fingers on the top layer.
3. Add in tamarind juice, salt, gula melaka, stem of Bunga Kantan, Daun kesom. Position veroma trays on top of the bowl. Cook 12mins/veroma/reverse/sp 2.
4. Remove veroma tray. Put fish and ladies finegrs into a Thermoserver or a serving bowl.
5. Adjust the taste of the curry by adding salt, sugar or tamarind to liking. Mix 10secs/veroma/reverse/sp2.
6. Pour curry over fish and garnish with sliced Bunga Kantan.
7. Serve with hot rice.
1. Prawns, squid or chicken can be used to replace fish.
2. For a vegetarian curry, replace fish with pineapple, cucumber, brinjal, or/and firm tofu.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Curried tuna
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Creamy Garlic Prawn
- My Mother's Seafood Chowder
- Ginger Lime Prawns - HCG P2 4Phase
- Prawns Tom Yum Noodle
- Tuna Mornay (Variation)
- Loaded Tuna & Vegetable Mornay
- DILL AND BREADCRUMB SALMON TOPPING
- Tuna Casserole with Pulse Pasta
- Fragrant pipis
- Grape jelly
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets
- BBQ Smokey Sauce
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free
- Salted Caramel Baileys, Cocopops and Nutella Milkshakes
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Velvet Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Tomato Ketchup
- Garlic and Caper Aioli
- F45 Cacao Bliss Balls