- 2 spring onions
- 3 tbsp Thyme
- 2.5 cm fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 gloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp ground allspice
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 65 g Limes, roughly 2 limes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 55 g olive oil
- 2 large red chillies
- 1 tsp salt
- 600 g Salmon
- 350 g rice
- 1000 g warm water
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 30 g oil
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1/2 can pinapple (without juice)
- 2 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 5 sprigs corriander, cut finely
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place all ingredients in TM bowl, place lid with MC 10 sec / spd 9
2. Use spatular to scrape marinade into a bowl.
4. Spread a generous amount of marinade over salmon, place lid on top of varoma and set aside for 10 mins while making mango salsa.
5. Toss all the ingredients (except oil) for the salsa together in a bowl. Cover, then set aside in the fridge.
(if you don't want to make the salsa - you could always steam a few carrot, broccoli etc with your salmon)
I use the Boiled Rice recipe in the basics section of the Basic Cookbook and Chip
6. Follow instructions from the chip - BUT change the temperature to Varoma
7. Instead of putting the MC on the lid - place the Varoma with the salmon in place.
8. Check your salmon is cooked through - depending on size of salmon it may need another 5 mins, if so, remove rice and start serving up.
Enjoy your delicious meal.
To Make Marinade
Rice and Steaming Salmon
Accessories you need
From the ingredients it looks scary - but it really isn't.
You could easily do this recipe with chicken instead of salmon.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna Mornay
- Hearty and healthy Seafood Chowder
- Coconut Lime Salmon steamed in Banana Leaves
- Tuna Mornay with Spiral Pasta
- Salmon poke bowl
- White Fish in Tumeric and Ginger Broth
- Tuna and rocket risoni salad
- CRUMBED CRAB CAKES
- Vietnamese Steam fish with ginger and garlic
- Steamed Fishballs and fragrant Tomato Sauce
- Steamed Whole Snapper with Yellow Curry Sauce
- Easy Fish Cakes
- Jenny's Chocolate Weetbix Crunch Slice
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- Cheats Sourdough
- Spiced Pumpkin and Vegetable Soup
- Apricot, Yoghurt and Coconut cake
- NOT BUTTER CHICKEN
- Tomato Salsa Dip
- Noodles with Soya Bean Soup (Korean Kong Guk Su)
- Pandan Chiffon Cake by Ivana
- Variation Quick and easy bread rolls
- Honey Soy Marinade
- Muesli Slice