- 100 g white miso paste
- 20 g sesame oil
- 20 g honey
- 50 g soy bean paste
- 10 g black garlic cloves
- 80 g eschalot (approx. 4)
- 80 g Grapeseed Oil
- 20 g coriander seeds
- 20 g fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 eschalots (approx. 120 g)
- 50 g palm sugar
- 1/2 bunch coriander roots (approx. 4), cleaned and trimmed
- 4 green banana chillies
- 2 chillies, trimmed, deseeded and cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 125 g lime juice (approx. 4 limes)
- 40 g fish sauce
- 50 g Eschalot oil
- ice cubes, for soaking
- water, for soaking
- 1/4 bunch spring onions/shallots, green part only, finely sliced
- 1 bunch perilla, seperated into small and large leaves
- 1 nashi pear, thinly sliced and cut into lengths (7 cm)
- 1 fresh long green chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 fresh long red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 hairy melon (winter melon)
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 8 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tsp lime juice
- 125 g kimchi brine
- 450 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 10 g xanthan gum
- ice, for ice bath
- water, for ice bath
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 600 g Kingfish
- 30 g miso paste
- 1000 g water
- 1 bunch spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 250 g plain flour
- 250 g water
- 75 g sesame oil
- oil, for frying
1h 50minPreparation 40minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 5.
Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and blend 5 sec/speed 7, or until a paste forms. Transfer into a bowl and set aside until ready to use. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place eschalot into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
Insert butterfly whisk. Add oil and heat 10 min/90°C/speed . Strain oil through a sieve into a jug. Discard eschalots. Set aside.
Place coriander seeds into mixing bowl and mill 1 min/speed 9.
Add ginger, garlic, eschalots, palm sugar and coriander roots and chop 10 sec/speed 9 or until a paste forms. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add chillies, lime juice, fish sauce and reserved Eschalot oil and pulse 2 sec/Turbo/1 time. Transfer dressing into a sealable container and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place ice and water into a bowl and add spring onions/shallots. Set aside (approx. 15 minutes), until tops are curled. Drain when ready to use.
Finely slice large perilla leaves. Transfer into a large bowl. Add pears, chillies and melon. Add lime juice and toss to coat. Place into refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish with small perilla leaves and spring onion curls before serving.
Place eggs, egg yolks, lime juice, kimchi brine, cream and xanthan gum into mixing bowl and cook 15 min/80°C/speed 2.5, then blend 10 sec/speed 5. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place ice and water into a bowl to create an ice bath. Transfer custard mixture into a seperate bowl and place bowl into ice bath. Add fish sauce to custard and stir to combine. Cover custard with plastic wrap and set aside.
Brush fish with reserved Miso paste and place onto Varoma tray.
Place water into mixing bowl and heat 8 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Place Varoma with fish in it, into position. Secure Varoma lid and steam 6-8 min/Varoma/speed 1 or until opaque in the centre. Remove fish and place onto a heatproof surface (ceramic plate). Using a kitchen blowtorch, blacken fish slightly to your liking. Transfer into a ThermoServer or other large bowl and cover to keep warm. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place spring onions/shallots into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/Turbo/1 time.
Add flour, water and sesame oil and mix 10 sec/speed 4 or until mixture forms a batter.
Place a large frying pan over medium heat and add oil. Place tablespoons of mixture into frying pan. Fry pancakes for approx. 4 minutes (until bubbles start to form and golden underneath), flip and fry for another 4 minutes, unitl golden brown.
Serve pancakes topped with reserved Kimchi custard and green dressing with the fish and perilla salad on the side.
Green hahm jim dressing
Perilla and nashi pear salad
Spring onion pancakes
This recipe was created by chef Simon Palmer, and demonstrated at the Thermomix in Australia Horizons conference.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Z's Grilled Octopus
- Creamy Tuna Tomato & Pasta
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Braised Jew Fish
- Fried Shrimps
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Cheesy Salmon Pie
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Curried Sausages
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Crunchy French baguettes
- Quick and easy Chinese chicken & corn soup
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Elles Ultimate Chocolate Cake