- 1200 g Fresh mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 30 g olive oil
- 120 g onion, quartered
- 3 clove garlic
- 8 sprigs parsley, leaves only
- 1 cans tomatoes
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoons Dried chilli, increase or leave out depending on heat preference
- 50 grams red wine, or can use white wine or beer
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons Vegetable stock paste
- 60 grams pickled capers
- 60 grams black olives
- 2 leaves bay leaf
- pinch pepper, ground
- 2 sprigs parsley, for garnishing
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place onions, garlic, parsley and olive oil in the mixing bowl"Closed lid" , select 5 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down the mixing bowl "Closed lid" and saute for 5 mins/98°C/speed"Gentle stir setting" "Closed lid"
- Scrape the bottom of the mixing bowl"Closed lid" to ensure none of the mixture doesn't sick to the bottom.
- Add canned tomotoes, dried chilli, tomato paste, red wine, sugar, bay leaves and vegetable stock to the mixing bowl "Closed lid"
- Place the lid on the mixing bowl without the MC, placing the veroma dish on top. Weigh 1.2 kgs of mussles and put the lid in place. Set to steam for 15mins/Varoma/Speed 1
- Remove varoma from the mixing bowl "Closed lid" placing asside for the moment, adding olives, capers and pepper to the mixing bowl"Closed lid" . Add the steam basket to the top of the lid and set to 12mins/varoma/speed 1 to reduce and cook the sauce out a little.
- While the sauce is reducing, check the mussles and arrange on a serving dish leaving them in their shells.
- Pour sauce over the top of the mussles finishing with reserved parsley, tearing them between your fingers as you sprinkle them.
Serve and enjoy with a good crusty bread!!
Accessories you need
You can substitute parsley for basil.
To enjoy on pasta - at step 7, you can remove the mussles from their shells and enjoy with a bowl of cooked pasta
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dill Sauce
- Steamed Octopus with punched potatoes and green beans
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Warm Salmon Salad
- Tasty Mussel Fritters
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Penang Har Mee (Prawns noodles)
- Mussels in wine sauce
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Spinach and Ricotta Filo Pie
- Choc Honeycomb Muffins
- Magnolia Kitchen allergy friendly chocolate cake
- Nuttella Buttercream
- Tenina's Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Nans cherry cheese strudel
- Passionfruit Slice
- Sandwhich Bread
- Apple Dapple Cake
- Gluten free sandwich bread
- Chorizo Fettucini with Spinach, Parmesan & Lemon Herb Butter
- Birria Tacos - TikTok Tacos