THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 cup --- quinoa, Soaked, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- zest of one lemon, Removed with potato peeler
- Large Handful of Parsley
- 2 small or one large red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions roughly chopped
- 18 green prawns, peeled and devined (reserve 8 heads)
- 1 tablespoon Stock Concentrate
- 1 carrot, Peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small brown onion or half of large, halved
- 1 large or two small, sticks of celery, roughly chopped
- Reserved prawn heads
- 1/4 Cup White Wine
- 2 tablespoon Stock Concentrate
- 4 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoon light sour cream
- 4 Squid tubes medium to large, washed and dried
- 8 green prawns, peeled and deveined
- 8 Toothpicks
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 chorizo, finely diced
- 1/4 cup reserved cooked quinoa2
- 1/2 tablespoon chilli infused oil
- 2 kale sticks, Stems removed, roughly chopped
Cook quinoa absorption method (in small saucepan with water covering to 0.5cm above quinoa) add 1 tablespoon of stock concentrate. Bring to boil reduce to simmer and simmer for 15 mins. All fluid should be gone almost catching on bottom. Remove from heat and cover with tea towel to cool.
Set blades running at speed 7. Slide garlic, parsley, zest, chilli, spring onion through hole in lid and process for about 5 secs.
Add prawns and quinoa. turbo a few times until roughly chopped and all ingredients combined.
Secure smaller opening of squid tube with toothpick. Place spoonfuls of stuffing into tube until nearly tightly filled. Slide a whole prawn either side of stuffing (2 per tube). Secure top with toothpick. Place in varoma dish. Repeat for all 4 tubes. Set varoma dish aside or in fridge if preparing earlier. Clean TM bowl
Place carrot, garlic, onion, celery into TM bowl. Speed 6 4 secs.
Scrape sides of bowl. Add oil and reserved prawn heads. Cook 100 degrees 5 mins speed 1.
Add the rest of sauce ingredients and fill TM bowl with water up to the 3/4 mark.
Set varoma in place and cook 35mins varoma temp speed 1.
Remove varoma dish and place tubes in preheated serving bowl to keep warm.
Strain sauce through basket, squeezing as much sauce from solids as possible. Discard solids.
Return sauce to TM bowl. Add sour cream and cook 90 degrees 3mins speed 3.5
Season to taste.
Add chorizo to a non stick frypan.
Cook until crisp, add reserved 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa.
Continue to stir and cook until all crispy.
Remove from pan and set aside.
Add chilli infused olive to same frypan, saute kale until jusy wilted.
Slice squid tubes neatly and place in serving plate. Pour sauce/bisque around squid. Scatter chorizo/quinoa crumbs over and place kale around.
To dish up
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Z's Grilled Octopus
- Creamy Tuna Tomato & Pasta
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Braised Jew Fish
- Fried Shrimps
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Cheesy Salmon Pie
- Sticky mocha pudding with chocolate and toffee sauce
- Aromatic Chickpea Soup
- Pepita Pesto
- Sweet-corn Fritters
- A Christmas Date
- Paprika & parmesan Christmas crackers
- Miso steamed chicken with asparagus and oyster mushrooms
- Clone of Steamed individual Sticky Date Puddings
- Chicken and Fish Balls in Asian Noodle Broth
- Apple and Oat Bran Muffins
- Beef and Vegetable Puree 6 months+
- Fruit ~N~ Nut Granola Bars
- Chap Chae (Korean Noodles)
- Never try another hummus again!
- The Fast 800 Curried Chicken and Lentil Soup
- Caramel sticky date cookies
- Bacon, Lentil and Vegetable Soup
- Corn and Potato Soup
- Next Level Pumpkin Soup
- Spelt and Pumpkin seed Bread (lower GI, higher protein, multigrain and seeds)
- Satay Chicken
- Simple version of Lala's Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken