- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 bunch coriander
- 4 spring onions
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger
- 1 stalk fresh lemon grass root, white part only
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 8 slices lime
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 4 lime wedges
- 1 bunch pak choy
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 cm ginger, sliced
- 400 grams Jasmine rice, rinsed in basket until water clear
- 900 grams water
Line Varoma base and tray with a large sheet of baking paper which you have dampened with water and scrunched up. Place salmon fillets in Varoma tray. Set aside.
Place 2 spring onions and coriander in TM bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 6. Set aside.
(If you would like to cook vegetables with garlic and ginger, place additional garlic and ginger in TM bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 6. Set aside.)
Place fish sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, lemon grass, lime leaves, remainder of spring onions in TM bowl, chop 5 sec/speed 5.
Spoon this mixture over salmon fillets. Lay lime slices on top of fish. (Don't rinse TM bowl)
Cut pak choy in half and place on the Varoma base.
Drizzle oyster sauce over pak choy. Sprinkle with the additional chopped garlic and ginger prepared earlier.
Add water to bowl. Insert basket with rice. Place Varoma into position. Cook for 15 min/Varoma/speed 4.
Check rice, when cooked place in thermoServer to keep warm.
Remove vegetables. Continue steaming fish until cooked (approx 10 min).
Remove salmon from Varoma. Place onto serving dish. Spoon over cooking juices. Garnish with coriander, spring onions, chili, and lime wedges. Serve with steamed pak choy and rice.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato, lentil and fish dahl
- lchf red curry prawn rissotto (thermofun)
- King Neptune Pie
- SALMON with LEEK SAUCE
- Prawn Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cambodian Fish Amok
- Lemongrass & Turmeric Fish - HCG Compiant
- Variation Thick and Creamy Garlic Prawns
- Our Favorite Salmon All-in-one meal!
- Sweet Potato and Salmon Patties
- Tuna and Butter Bean fishcakes
- Tuna Mornay
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Super juice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Hi-Fibre Bread Loaf or Rolls
- Quick Puff Pastry
- ThermoMonts Quinoa Crackers
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- Rosemary sausage rolls
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Risotto
- Gazpacho Andaluz (like Mama makes)