- 1 whole baby snapper
- lemongrass stems, bruised
- 1/2 bunches coriander, leaves picked off
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves, torn, stems removed
- 400 grams Jasmine rice
- 125 grams Thai Yellow Curry Paste
- 400 grams coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Steamed Asian greens, to serve
- sliced red chill to serve
1h 15minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
- 1. Weigh rice in steaming basket, wash under cold water.
2. Add 1000 grams water to bowl, with oil and salt, add steaming basket with rice. Cook for 20 min/Varoma/Speed 2.
3. Place in serving bowl to keep warm.
4. Place oil in bowl 2 min/varoma/speed 1.5
5. Add curry paste cook 1 min/varoma/speed 0.5. Or until aromatic.
6. Add sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, coconut milk, cook 3 min/varoma/speed 1.
7. Transfer to serving bowl to keep warm.
8. Make 3 cuts down towards the bone on both sides, fill the cavity with lemongrass, coriander, spring onion and lime leaf and season. Place on steaming plate.
9. Add 500 grams warm water to the bowl. Put on the lid and place fish in the varoma. Cook 15min/Varoma/Speed 1.
10. Arrange asian greens around fish and cook a further 5 min/varoma/speed 1.
11. Transfer to serving tray drizzle curry sauce over fish and serve
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steamed Fishballs and fragrant Tomato Sauce
- Easy Fish Cakes
- Laksa Penang
- online bangles set
- Ceviche with avocado mousse
- Teriyaki Salmon with Rice and Sesame Vegetables
- Dill Sauce
- Steamed Octopus with punched potatoes and green beans
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Warm Salmon Salad