- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 50 g Butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 320 g Milk
- 85 g cheese (regular matured or parmesan )
- to taste pepper
- 135 g corn kernels (frozen)
- 1/2 zucchini, grated
- 425 g tin of tuna including brine
- 300 grams pasta shells
- 1 lemon
- to taste fresh parsley
- to taste fresh dill
- 1 to taste lemon zest
- Parmesan cheese
- drizzle of oil
- Pulse to small dice. Change to stirring attachment and scrape down sides.
- Add a dollop of butter, then sauté garlic & onion, 110 degrees, speed 1 for 6 mins.
- Add butter, flour, milk, tuna brine and cheese. Cook for 8 mins at 90 degrees speed 2.
- Add the drained tuna, frozen corn, grated zuchini and lemon zest.
Cook for 10-12 mins at 100 degrees, speed 1. In the meantime cook selected pasta on stovetop.
- Pour tuna mixture from Thermomix into the cooked pasta & add lemon juice and pepper to taste and serve. . . . or proceed to next step & bake.
- (Optional) Pour into flat greased oven-proof dish, top with a layer of parmesan cheese & breadcrumbs. Drizzle a little oil & bake until golden brown.
Accessories you need
You can use any vegetables instead of or with corn - peas etc. It encourages kids to eat veggies!You can vary the amount of milk depending on how runny you prefer the white sauce. Anything from 350g to 400g is fine. 350g is a bit less runny.Be careful not to add too much lemon juice to mixture or it may curdle the mixtureCooking the pasta on the stove top is optional it just speeds up the process and gets dinner on the table sooner!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Penang Har Mee (Prawns noodles)
- Mussels in wine sauce
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Sweet curried prawns
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Asian Inspired Steamed Salmon
- Easter Brunch Kedgeree
- Alfredo with prawns
- Miso salmon with rice and vegetables
- Salmon Curry
- Simple Gluten Free Pizza Bases
- Gourmet crackers
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Soft bread rolls (Bosnian Kifle)
- Chicken rice paste