- 180 grams day old GF/nut bread, sliced, lightly toasted
- 50 grams pitted dates
- 200 grams pumpkin, cubed
- 100 grams brown onion, quartered
- 180 grams zucchini, chopped
- 120 grams Fresh Apricot, pureed
- 30 grams ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 50 grams Butter
- 50 grams olive oil
- 500 grams chicken, cubed
- 2 eggs
- pinch salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 350 grams risoni
- 400 grams vegetable of choice, whatever is in the fridge, cut into bite size pieces
- 400 grams apricot nectar
- Handful fresh herbs of choice
1h 5minPreparation 40minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place bread in TM Bowl. 3 sec speed 6, or desired crumb size. Set aside.
Add Dates. Blitz 5 sec speed 8, or desired consistency. Set aside with Breadcrumbs.
Place ginger & fresh apricots in TM bowl, blitz Seep 7/ 3 secs & scrape down sides
Add pumpkin, brown onion and zucchini, blitz speed 5 to desired size. Add mustard powder, butter & oil. Cook for 6 min 100 degrees speed 2-3.
Add approx 150g (2/3) of the breadcrumb/date mix to TM bowl. Mix 10 sec speed 3 "Counter-clockwise operation" . Set aside to cool down.
Clean TM bowl
Place Garlic clove in bowl. Blitz 3 sec/speed 7 & scrape down sides.
Place half o0f the chicken in TM bowl. Turbo until you get desired mince consistency. Set aside and repeat with remaining chicken. Add reserved chicken back to bowl.
Add remaining 1/3 of breadcrumb/date mix, eggs, salt & herbs of choice.
Mix ingredients 20 sec speed 4
Roll out mince mixture on foil (or thermomat) to form a rectangle shape about 2cm thick.
spread stuffing mix down long side of mince. you'll only use about 1/3 to 1/2 of the stuffing. The rest is for the Apricot sauce.
Use the foil to help gently compact and roll the mince into a loaf shape.
Lighlty oil the Varoma tray, place loaf on the tray and put in Varoma dish.
Add 1100g water to TM bowl. Add 1 tbsp TM Vege stock if desired.
Place Risoni in basket, give it a stir. Place basket into place.
Put Varoma in place. Cook risoni and meatloaf for 20 minutes Varoma speed 2.
Remove risoni, place in thermoserver to keep warm & add desired vegetables into Varoma dish and cook meatloaf and vegetables for a further 5-10 minutes Varoma/speed 2.
Check if chicken is cooked through. Set aside entire Varoma dish so loaf and vegetables stay warm.
Empty water from TM bowl
Add remainder of stuffing mix and 400g Apricot Nectar to TM bowl. Cook for 6-7 minutes Varoma speed 3"Counter-clockwise operation" or until sauce is desired temperature.
Serve up meatloaf, Vegetables & Risoni on plate and pour sauce over the top.
Accessories you need
I used day old pepita and chia bread from the Basic Cookbook.
Use any vegetables from the fridge. There is a good amount of sauce to spread over vegetables if you make a larger amount than pictured
Stuffing can have variants such as lemon zest, almonds, sweet potato. Will try this next time!
Perhaps the mustard powder could be substituted with Curry Powder or French onion Soup mix.
This recipe can also be cooked in the TM31
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LYNN'S STEAK, KIDNEY AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
- Variation Chilli Con Carne
- Variation Chilli Con Carne
- Chicken Tikka Pathia (adapted from British Indian Restaurant/Take Away recipes)
- Favourite German mashpotato spinach cheese bake
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom
- Dogs dinner - meat stew (quick and easy)
- Go to spaghetti Bolognese
- Steak &Kidney doughboys
- Crumbed Chicken Tenderloins
- Curry Chicken
- Chicken and Zucchini Cakes
- Sweet Yeast Bread Rings
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- MINT CHOC-CHIP NANAIMO BARS
- Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Chicken & Mushroom Vol Au Vent
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER