- Filling: ½ teaspoon five-spice powder 300 g pork or chicken 2 green onions cut into 3 lengths each 20 g hoi sin sauce 1 Tablespoons rice or white vinegar 2 teaspoons soy sauce 1 teaspoon honey Small piece fresh ginger 1 clove garlic DOUGH: 170 g warm water 20 g sugar 2 level teaspoons dry yeast [2/3 of sachet] 280 g flour 20 g oil pinch salt 1 teaspoons baking powder
Cut pork or chicken into 2 -3 cm cubes. Mix the 5 spice with the meat. Put into basket. Add 300 g water. Set time to 10 minutes, temp Varoma, speed 3.
When done remove basket with meat set aside drain bowl.
Chop garlic and ginger in bowl 4 sec speed 7, add green onion, chop 2 sec at speed 6. Add meat and shred speed 8 about 5 seconds. Add the rest of the ingredients mix speed 5 for 6 seconds.
Put filling in covered bowl in fridge.
Start this section about 1 hour 45 minutes before you plan to eat buns.
Rinse the bowl. Add all ingredients except baking powder to bowl. Mix speed 7 for 5 sec. Set time to 2 minutes speed interval or until dough is shiny.
Do not remove from bowl. Leave to rise 1 hour. It will come all the way to the top.
Add baking powder, knead at interval for 2 min. Remove from bowl.
Lightly oil varoma trays. On floured board or table divide dough into 8 pieces. Roll each to a 10 cm round. Put large spoon full of filling in round. Pinch dough around filling. Place in varoma using both sections. Leave 2cm space between. Add 600 ml water minimum. Set time 5 minutes, temp varoma, speed 3 to bring varoma up to temp. You can start with hot water to shorten this time. When steaming set varoma in position. Steam 25 minutes, temp Varoma speed 3.
When placing buns in varoma make sure they are not too tall. They will raise and it is best if they do not hit the lid.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Mustard and chive chicken
- Clean Thai Beef Salad with Brown Rice
- Sous Vide Rib
- Padang Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- Curried Sausages
- Slow cooked Curried Sausages - with hidden veggies
- Variation Kid-friendly pearl couscous bolognese for Mum and baby