- 30 g black peppercorns
- 30 g cinnamon quills
- 30 g cumin seeds
- 30 g ground paprika
- 1½ tbsp coriander seeds
- 3 tsp ground cardamom
- 3 tsp whole cloves
- 3 tsp ground nutmeg
- 100 g brown onion, cut into pieces
- 1 garlic clove
- 30 g extra virgin olive oil
- 30 g tomato paste
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 500 g tomato passata
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp raw sugar
- 2 pinches salt, to taste
- 2 pinches ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 130 g brown onion
- 20 g extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ to taste cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp baharat (see above)
- 60 g tomato paste
- 30 g breadcrumbs
- 50 g white wine
- 500 g lamb mince
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp salt
Place all baharat ingredients into mixing bowl and dry roast 4 min/Varoma/speed 1. Allow to cool, then mill 1 min/speed 9. Transfer into a container and set aside until use.
Place onion, garlic and olive oil into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then saute 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add tomato paste and cook 1 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add all remaining sauce ingredients and cook 20 min/100°C/speed 1.5. Transfer into a bowl and set aside until use. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Preheat oven to 210°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
Place garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
Place onion and oil into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and saute 3 min/Varoma/speed 1, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
Add reserved garlic, cayenne pepper, 2 tsp baharat and tomato paste and cook 1 min/Varoma/speed 2, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
Add all remaining meatball ingredients and mix 8 sec/speed 5, or until combined.
Shape the mixture into golf ball-sized meatballs and place onto prepared baking trays, repeat until all mixture is used (mixture should make approx. 22 meatballs).
Place meatballs into oven and bake (210°C) for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 180°C. Transfer meatballs into a large casserole dish and pour sauce over the top. Cook (180°C) for a further 15 minutes. Serve warm
· Serve as a canape or as a main course with freshly made pasta or with crusty fresh bread and salad.
Other users also liked...
- Dairy Free Chicken Stroganoff
- Pork Fritters
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Sweet Lamb Curry - Retro
- Left over roast pork Cannelloni
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie
- Variation Braised Pork Ribs Using Thermomix
- Snitzel crumb
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Number pork ribs
- Old Fashioned Apricot Chicken