- 50 g Cashews
- 1 shallot, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 g fresh ginger cut into discs
- 2 Red Chillies, (optional)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 800 g lean pork, diced
- 50 g kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 25 g soy sauce
- 200 g coconut milk
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place the cashews in the bowl and mill speed 7, 10 seconds. Place in a separate bowl and set aside.
2. Without cleaning thermomix bowl, add the shallot, garlic, ginger, chillies (if using), lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves. Chop for 3 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down the bowl and repeat 5 or 6 times or until a paste consistecy. Add the turmeric, salt and pepper and mix speed 6, 3 seconds. Place in a separate bowl and set aside.
3. Without washing the mixing bowl, add the onion and chop 3 seconds, speed 6. Scrape down the bowl and add the paste and coconut oil. Cook 3 minutes, 100°C, speed soft . Scrape down the bowl.
4. Add the pork and cook for 20 minutes, 100°C, reverse , speed soft . Scrape down the bowl.
5. Add the kecap manis and soy sauce. Cook for a further 15 minutes, 100°C, reverse , speed soft . Scrape down the bowl.
6. Add the milled cashews and the coconut milk and cook for 5 minutes, reverse , 100°C, speed soft .
Transfer to a thermoserver and clean and dy bowl and cook rice to serve with the curry.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth
- Chicken Creamy Lemon Spinach Paprika TASTY QUICK 14mins
- Low fodmap steamed Chinese 5 spice chicken buns
- Individual Chicken Roulades with Cranberry and Macadamia Stuffing
- Chunky beef, bacon and red wine pie filling
- Frikkadel (Meatballs)
- Parmesan crusted chicken
- Spicy Moroccan Lamb Stew
- Creamy Chicken Canelloni
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Easy Beef Burgers
- Snickers Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chai Doughnuts
- White Chocolate and Blueberry Cake with Lemon Glaze
- Pumpkin Lasagne
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Vegan Bounty Bars
- Salted Peanut-Butter Cookie Squares
- Choc Pecan Slice
- Peach and Macadamia Bliss Balls
- Bacon Jam
- Chicken Cheese and Bacon Sausage Rolls
- Beetroot Chutney
- Old fashioned Vanilla tea cake
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Malt loaf
- Varoma Porridge for one
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Apple and Date Hot Cross Buns
- Cheese and bacon bread
- My Version of Perfect No-Split Hollandaise
- Cauliflower "Tabbouleh"
- Perfect Pizza Dough - one serving
- Custard Cross Buns
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth