- 50 g Cashews
- 1 shallot, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 g fresh ginger cut into discs
- 2 Red Chillies, (optional)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 800 g lean pork, diced
- 50 g kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 25 g soy sauce
- 200 g coconut milk
1h 0minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Place the cashews in the bowl and mill speed 7, 10 seconds. Place in a separate bowl and set aside.
2. Without cleaning thermomix bowl, add the shallot, garlic, ginger, chillies (if using), lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves. Chop for 3 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down the bowl and repeat 5 or 6 times or until a paste consistecy. Add the turmeric, salt and pepper and mix speed 6, 3 seconds. Place in a separate bowl and set aside.
3. Without washing the mixing bowl, add the onion and chop 3 seconds, speed 6. Scrape down the bowl and add the paste and coconut oil. Cook 3 minutes, 100°C, speed soft "Gentle stir setting" . Scrape down the bowl.
4. Add the pork and cook for 20 minutes, 100°C, reverse "Counter-clockwise operation" , speed soft "Gentle stir setting" . Scrape down the bowl.
5. Add the kecap manis and soy sauce. Cook for a further 15 minutes, 100°C, reverse "Counter-clockwise operation" , speed soft "Gentle stir setting" . Scrape down the bowl.
6. Add the milled cashews and the coconut milk and cook for 5 minutes, reverse "Counter-clockwise operation" , 100°C, speed soft "Gentle stir setting" .
Transfer to a thermoserver and clean and dy bowl and cook rice to serve with the curry.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- BASO SAPI (INDONESIAN MEAT BALLS)
- Birria Tacos - TikTok Tacos
- Chelsea Winter Morrocan Chicken and Apricot Salad
- Cheats High Protein Nacho’s
- Turkey Stuffing
- Shredded Chicken
- BBQ Pulled Pork
- Savoury Mince
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Paleo Meatloaf
- Stirfry Minced Pork with Eggplant
- Thermomixtress' Favourite Savoury Mince Recipe
- Balinese Corn Fritters
- Snickers Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chai Doughnuts
- White Chocolate and Blueberry Cake with Lemon Glaze
- Pumpkin Lasagne
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Vegan Bounty Bars
- Salted Peanut-Butter Cookie Squares
- Choc Pecan Slice
- Peach and Macadamia Bliss Balls
- Bacon Jam
- Chicken Cheese and Bacon Sausage Rolls
- Treens Thai Pumpkin & Kumera Soup
- Treens Cheese Sauce
- Curried egg
- BASO SAPI (INDONESIAN MEAT BALLS)
- Spinach and Ricotta Filo Pie
- Low FODMAP Choc Peanut Bliss Balls
- Magnolia Kitchen allergy friendly chocolate cake
- Tenina's Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Peanut Bites
- Souffle - Spinach
- Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Sandwhich Bread