- 50 g cashews
- 1 shallot, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 g fresh ginger cut into discs
- 2 red chillies, (optional)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 800 g lean pork, diced
- 50 g kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 25 g soy sauce
- 200 g coconut milk
1h 0minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking 40min
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place the cashews in the bowl and mill speed 7, 10 seconds. Place in a separate bowl and set aside.
2. Without cleaning thermomix bowl, add the shallot, garlic, ginger, chillies (if using), lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves. Chop for 3 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down the bowl and repeat 5 or 6 times or until a paste consistecy. Add the turmeric, salt and pepper and mix speed 6, 3 seconds. Place in a separate bowl and set aside.
3. Without washing the mixing bowl, add the onion and chop 3 seconds, speed 6. Scrape down the bowl and add the paste and coconut oil. Cook 3 minutes, 100°C, speed soft . Scrape down the bowl.
4. Add the pork and cook for 20 minutes, 100°C, reverse , speed soft . Scrape down the bowl.
5. Add the kecap manis and soy sauce. Cook for a further 15 minutes, 100°C, reverse , speed soft . Scrape down the bowl.
6. Add the milled cashews and the coconut milk and cook for 5 minutes, reverse , 100°C, speed soft .
Transfer to a thermoserver and clean and dy bowl and cook rice to serve with the curry.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mexican Tortilla Stack
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Pearl Barley with Spinach & Pork Mince
- Bulk Bolognese with hidden vegies!
- Chicken and Leek Pie
- Chicken tikka masala
- Hainanese Chicken Rice (Fast & Easy)
- My Nacho Feast!
- Chicken & Mushroom Pie filling
- Mustard & Apple Chicken Bake
- Chicken,basil & almond jaffle
- Chinese Style Beef and Broccoli
- Chicken and Mushroom Arancini Balls
- Donna's Sausage Rolls
- Variation Roast Vegetable Soup
- Mexican Tortilla Stack
- Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Risotto
- Dolla's Cauliflower Cheese
- Vegan coconut chickpea curry
- Crushed Garlic
- Vegemite Sausage Rolls
- Variation Fruit and Almond Tart
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Slice