- 50 g Cashews
- 1 shallot, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 g fresh ginger cut into discs
- 2 Red Chillies, (optional)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 800 g lean pork, diced
- 50 g kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 25 g soy sauce
- 200 g coconut milk
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place the cashews in the bowl and mill speed 7, 10 seconds. Place in a separate bowl and set aside.
2. Without cleaning thermomix bowl, add the shallot, garlic, ginger, chillies (if using), lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves. Chop for 3 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down the bowl and repeat 5 or 6 times or until a paste consistecy. Add the turmeric, salt and pepper and mix speed 6, 3 seconds. Place in a separate bowl and set aside.
3. Without washing the mixing bowl, add the onion and chop 3 seconds, speed 6. Scrape down the bowl and add the paste and coconut oil. Cook 3 minutes, 100°C, speed soft . Scrape down the bowl.
4. Add the pork and cook for 20 minutes, 100°C, reverse , speed soft . Scrape down the bowl.
5. Add the kecap manis and soy sauce. Cook for a further 15 minutes, 100°C, reverse , speed soft . Scrape down the bowl.
6. Add the milled cashews and the coconut milk and cook for 5 minutes, reverse , 100°C, speed soft .
Transfer to a thermoserver and clean and dy bowl and cook rice to serve with the curry.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lamb Saag Curry (FODMAP friendly)
- Beef Chili with Canadian twist
- Vietnamese Chicken Salad
- Inside-out chicken parmigiana - Dani Valent
- Crusty Chicken Casserole
- BASIC BEEF STEW
- Cranberry and camembert stuffed chicken
- SAUCE AND MEATBALLS FOR SHEREE
- Creamy Raw Pasta - AIP/Vegan Friendly
- Chicken Parmi Balls
- Hokkien Noodle and Turkey Stri-fry
- Corned Beef Fritters
- White Chocolate and Blueberry Cake with Lemon Glaze
- Pumpkin Lasagne
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Vegan Bounty Bars
- Salted Peanut-Butter Cookie Squares
- Choc Pecan Slice
- Peach and Macadamia Bliss Balls
- Bacon Jam
- Chicken Cheese and Bacon Sausage Rolls
- Beetroot Chutney
- Lemon Delicious Slice
- M&M Biscuits