- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2-1 red chilli, deseeded, (optional)
- 40 g hoisin sauce
- 5 g salt
- 10-20 g sugar
- 20 g sherry or rice wine
- 40 g oyster sauce
- 40 g soy sauce
- 5 g sesame oil, (less if desired)
- 10 g cornflour
- 5 g Parisian Essence, (optional)
- 2-4 steaks, 3-4cm thick
- 400-500 g mixed vegetables, eg: potato, sweet potato and/or pumpkin cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 corn cobs
- 2 carrots, large
- 1 Broccoli Head, broken into florets
- 50-100 g green beans, cut into 2-3cm lengths
- 500-600 g water
- 10-20 g Butter
- Salt and pepper, to season mash
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 250 g wine
- 250 g water
1h 10minPreparation 1h 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Place garlic, ginger and chilli into tmx bowl chop 6secs/sp9. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add remainder of the marinade ingredients into the tmx bowl and mix 10secs/sp7.
Place steaks in a container and pour marinade over them. Leave to marinade for at least an hour.
If making sauce: Add onion to tmx bowl and chop 3secs/sp5. Then add the rest of the sauce ingredients.
If not making sauce: 500-600g water to tmx bowl.
Add potato and sweet potato to tmx basket and add to tmx bowl.
Add corn coblets and carrot pieces to varoma base.
Cover varoma tray with baking paper. Then crunch and wet and replace to cover varoma tray making sure you dont cover side air vents. Drain steaks and place them on the baking paper that is on top of the varoma tray. Place tray on base and cover with lid.
If making sauce: Cook for 15mins/varoma temp/sp4.
If not making sauce: Cook for 15mins/varoma temp/sp2.
Add broccoli and bean to varoma base and cook for 10mins/varoma temp/sp3.
Place broccoli, beans, carrot and corn into a thermoserver. Place steask onto a plate and cover with aluminium foil and allow to rest whilst preparing mash.
If making sauce: place it into a container and rinse bowl.
If not making sauce drain water from bowl.
Using your spatula to pick up tmx basket, tip potato and sweet potato into tmx bowl. Add butterfly, butter and salt and pepper. Whip for 20-30secs/sp3-4 or until desired consistency is achieved.
Meat and Vegetables (& sauce if desired)
Steak: This recipe made a medium rare steak. If you are after a more well cooked steak add the time to the first lot of cooking. This will prevent your broccoli and beans from over cooking. If you are after a less cooked steak again remove time from the first part of cooking. If your steak is thinner it will be quicker to cook. If your steak is thicker it will take longer to cook.
I used scotch fillet when making this dish, however, you could use eye fillet, blade or porterhouse.
Sauce: If you want a thicker sauce add 1tbsp cornflour and cook for 3-5mins/varoma temp/sp1. Make sure you clean bowl before mashing potatoes otherwise your potatoes will be discoloured.
If you don't use baking paper be aware that the meat marinade will drip through your vegetables to your potatoes. This will add more flavour to the potato mash, however, will discolour them especially if you are using Parisian essence. It will taste great but might look a bit brown. (I learnt this from experience lol).
Vegetables: You can obviously change the types of veges you use. These are just what I experimented with. I did squeeze as many vege's in I could.
Adapted from //simonesthermomixessentials.wordpress.com/2011/08/15/thermomix-bbq-steak/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Lamb Ragu
- Sri Lankan-style Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Oatmeal recipe
- Honey-soy chicken wings
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Anzac Caramel Slice
- The Best Buffalo wings with Blue Cheese Sauce
- Twix Bar (Dairy, Gluten, Egg, Refined Sugar Free, Vegan)
- Almost 'Mcvities Digestive Biscuits'
- Almost fail proof crackers (Dairy, egg, nut free)
- Jam Doughnuts
- Dairy & Egg Free Doughnuts
- Argentinean Spinach Croquettes (Gluten Free)
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls(Refined sugar free, dairy & egg free)
- Fool proof 15min Jam
- Coconut Syrup
- Dairy Free Puff Pastry
- Fluffy Coffee Whip - aka Dalgona
- Broccoli and Kale Soup
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Worcestershire Sauce (paleo, AIP)
- Fluffy scones
- Crusty Loaf
- Paneer Masala In Tomato Curry
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Lamb Ragu