- 500 g diced chuck/stewing steak
- 440ml tin Guinness
- 1 large brown onion halved
- 3 sticks celery cut in 3
- 2 carrots cut in 3
- 50 g tomato paste
- 1.5 tablespoon TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 100 g mushrooms diced
- 1/4 Cup water
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20 g olive oil
- 150 g Bacon rashers diced
1h 10minPreparation 1h 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
marinate beef and Guinness in a plastic bag or container overnight or for minimum of 6 hours in fridge prior to making this recipe
- Place onion halves, carrot and celery in TM jug and chop on speed 4 for 6 seconds until all veggies are diced
- Scrape down sides, add bacon and oil and sauté Varoma Temp speed 1 for 6 minutes
Add mushrooms, stock, water, meat and Guinness, tomato paste.
Set temp to 100* 40 minutes (check meat at thirty mins) speed 1.5 reverse blade.
Place 2 tablespoons of cornflour or plain flour in approx 100ml water and mix until it is a paste
When the meat is at the desired tenderness (still should be in a piece but tender as it is taking on more cooking in the oven) – set timer for 3 minutes, temp 100* reverse blade 1.5 and pour the flour mix into the meat mix – allowing it to come back to the boil and thicken.
Pour contents of TM jug into ramekins or a large ceramic dish – allow to cool
Once Beef mix is cool enough – pre heat oven to 180*c roll out desired sour cream pastry tops (see my sour cream pastry recipe already on recipe community) and place on top of pies (if there is still a little warmth in the pies roll and rest pastry before placing onto meat mix)
Brush with egg wash (= amounts of egg and milk) and bake until golden brown on top.
Enjoy with mashed potato and steamed greens!
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pork apple & fennel meatloaf
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Beef hotpot
- Meatballs in sauce
- Chicken Satay Noodles
- lchf chicken with lemon thyme
- Rick's Favourite Curried Chicken
- Braised pork with bamboo shoots and sticky rice
- Another of Variation Beef & Red Wine Casserole
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Nanna's Pasties
- Pork Bun