- 2 garlic clove
- 100g Parmesan cheese
- 50g Basil leaves
- 60g Cashews or pine nuts
- 40g olive oil
- salt to taste
- 20g Currants (soaked in boiling water 10 mins)
- 30g pine nuts
- 1 Shallot cut into 1/4's
- 50g Butter
- 500g water
- 1 Tbls meat stock
- 200g Porterhouse or rump steak per person
- pepper to taste
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 20g Cornflour or arrowroot flour
- 20g red wine or port
- 2 tsp seeded mustard
- 20g Dijon mustard
- 50g button mushrooms
- - Place 1 garlic clove, and parmy cheese in TM Bowl and chop 8 seconds/Spd 8
- Add basil, nuts, olive oil, pinch of salt and blend for 5 seconds/ speed 5
- Scrape down the sides and mix for another 10 mins/speed 4 add more oil if needed and mix again on speed 4 until happy with consistancy. Set pesto aside
- - Drain the currants after 10 mins, toast the pine nuts in the bowl for 5 mins/100degrees/"Counter-clockwise operation" /Speed 1 or in a dry pan until golden. Set aside.
- Place 1 garlic clove and shallot in the the bowl, and chop 2 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down and add 25g butter, saute for 2 mins/ 100degrees/speed 1.
- Place the stock paste and water into the bowl.
- Trim fat from steaks and pound to about 5mm thick - either use a meat mallet or place the steak between 2 layers of clingwrap and bash with a rolling pin.
- Season steak with salt, and pepper. Spread one side of the steak with pesto and sprinkle with pine nuts and currants leaving roughly 1cm around edges.
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks or roll in clingwrap to make sausage shaped rolls. Tie in knots at the ends. Place on Varoma tray to cook.
- Place varoma into position, beef in tray, cook for 3 mins/Varoma/Speed 2.
- Add Broccollini and cook another 10 mins/Varoma/Speed 2.
Set beef and broccolini into thermosever to keep warm.
- Add to the stock in the TM bowl, the flour, red wine (or port), both mustards, mushrooms, and cook for 4 mins/100deg/Speed 4/MC off with the TM basket on the lid or until sauce is thinkened. salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove toothpicks or clingwrap and slice each roll into 3-5cm pieces. serve with potatos, broccolini and mustard sauce. top with slices chilli's (optional).
Accessories you need
If desired, brown the beef in a pan before slicing and plating up.
Adapted from Dani Valents' recipe from In the Mix 2.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Donut ice-cream
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Blanch Vegetables
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits
- Beef and Lentil Soup