- 250 g onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 200 g carrots
- 250 g Celery
- 25 g olive oil
- 800 g gravy beef, diced into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 tbsp Dried Parsley Flakes
- 125 g red wine
- 400 g Tin crushed tomatoes
- 200 g water
- 50 g tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 500 g gnocchi
- 2 medium zucchini, finely diced
- 20 g plain flour, (Optional)
- 50 g water, Extra (Optional)
1h 20minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion, garlic, carrots and celery into the TM bowl. Chop for 3 secs speed 5.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add the olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic for 3 minutes 120 deg speed 1.
Add the chopped gravy beef into the bowl.
Cook for 5 minutes 120 deg "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 1.
Add the dried parsley, red wine, tinned tomatoes, water, tomato paste and bay leaves.
Cook for 60 minutes 100 deg "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 1.
Note: The bowl volume will be at the maximum mark at the commencement of cooking.
If the gravy is a little thin, add the flour to the additional water and pour into the bowl. Cook for a further 5 minutes 100 Deg "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 1.
Pour the casserole into a casserole dish to keep warm.
Cook the gnocchi according to the packet instructions.
Stir the cooked gnocchi and finely diced zucchini into the casserole.
Allow to sit for 5 minutes then serve.
Serve with mashed potatoes and garlic bread.
Accessories you need
For a gluten free option:
Replace the gnocchi with dices potatoes cooked in the varoma for 25 mins before the end cook time, and omit the additional water and flour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Risotto with Chicken and Baby Leaf Spinach
- GlazBro Silverside
- Chicken Parma balls
- Mexican Monday
- Carbonara Chicken FIlo Parcels
- Ray's Chicken Coconut Curry
- Moroccan Lamb pizza topping
- Sausages in Onion Gravy
- Tori's honey mustard chicken and veg
- Cajun Risoni with Chorizo
- ThermoGourmand Sweet and Savoury Curried Sausages
- Korean Beef Taco
- Nigella Lawson's Lemon Tendercake
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth
- Creamy Fettuccini with Tuna
- Chicken, Tomato and Barley Soup
- Chocolate Cake
- Peanut Butter Gems
- Jersey Caramel Cheesecake
- Creamy Risoni Bake
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Parmesan
- Banana, Pineapple and Macadamia Cake
- Smoked Salmon Fettucinni
- Macaroni Cheese Bake