- 1000 g chicken breast, roughly diced (not too big)
- 500-1000 g shortening, (frying oil)
- 70 g plain flour
- 25 g cornflour
- 5 g (1/2 tsp) Baking powder
- 100 g water
- 20 g oil
- 1 egg white
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 10 g sesame oil
- 100 g Beatworth's 'Bush Honey', (This honey isn't as sweet as most which is why I chose it for this recipe)
- 5 g Apple Cidar Vinegar
- 5 g tomatoe sauce
- 10 g cornflour
- 100 g water
- 2-3 pinches salt, (I use flaked himalayan or flaked sea salt)
- 100-200 g sesame seeds, (to your liking) for garnishing
- 1 Recipe of Egg Fried Rice, (on the UK Cookidoo, part of the Chinese collection)
- Place the oil in a deep saucepan / deep fryer getting the oil ready for frying
- While oil is heating, add all batter ingredients into mixing bowl & mix 10sec/sp4. Scrape down the bowl then mix again 10sec/sp4.
Add the 1000g of diced chicken breat into the mixing bowl with the batter then coat 30sec//. Pour chicken & batter mix into a large bowl & use spatula to ensure all chicken pieces are covered.
Place bowl next to stovetop where oil is heating up / next to deep fryer. Clean & dry mixing bowl.
Prepare plate OR Thermoserver with papertowel and place close by where you will fry the chicken so you can easily transfer pieces once they are fried.
Once oil has heated to frying temperture, drop in chicken pieces one at time. I use quiet a large saucepan & fry 15-20 pieces at time. YOu don't want to crowd the chicj=ken pieces too much so you may have to do 5 or 5 fbatches of frying. Fry until chicken pieces are golden (between 5-10 mins depending on your oil temperature) then place on paper towel in/on plate/thermoserver.
Continue frying in batches until all the chicken is fried & transfered to plate/thermomserver. Once all pieces are fried, place lid on thermoserver - If you don't have a thermoserver, place in the oven on low heat to keep warm - while you make the honey sesame sauce.
Mince garlic in the mixing bowl 3sec/sp7. Scrape down then add sesame oil & saute 2min/120degrees/sp2.
(For TM31 users use your varoma temp at this step)
- Add remainder of honey sesame sauce ingredients and mix 30sec/sp3 then cook 16mins/120degrees/sp3 (varoma temp for TM31) mc off & steaming basket placed on top of the mixing bowl lid instead (of mc)
To coat chicken - / & drop fried chicken pieces in through the lid then add in sesame seeds through the lid and continue mixing until all pieces are coated in the sauce.
Transfer honey chicken back into thermoserver/onto plate - if you wish you can sprinkle more sesame seeds over the chicken - then put lid back on thermoserver or back into warm oven until ready to serve.
Once you have friend the first batch, cut open a piece to ensure chicken is cooked.
If you have a second thermomix, you can make the friend rice while you are frying the chicken.
Unless the step involves adding ingrediengt through the lid OR otherwise stated - mc is used.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Marinated flank steak
- Hanne's porcupines
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Shonna's Rissoles/Patties
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- Grant's Green Sauce
- Beetroot Smoothie (GF DF NF AIP)
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe