THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 40 g Olive Oil.
- 1 Shallott
- 2 cloves Garlic.
- 300 g Chicken Breast., Diced
- 4 tablespoons sherry or rice wine
- 1 level teaspoon Thyme, Dried
- 15 g Porcini mushrooms, Dried
- 40 g parmesan
- 300 g risotto rice
- 20 g pearl barley
- 100 grams mushrooms, fresh, Each cut into approx 6 pieces
- 1 cube stock
- 550 grams water, May need extra 50g of water
Recipe is created for
Grate Parmesan in the TMX for 10 seconds on speed 9. Set aside.
Put the dried porcini mushrooms in a small bowl with 2 tbsps of boiling water and 2 tbsps sherry and leave to soak.
Place shallot and garlic into mixing bowl, chop 3 sec/speed 5.
Add olive oil, saute 3 min/100dC/speed 1, with MC off.
Add risotto rice and pearl barley, toast 3 min / 100dC / speed 1, MC off.
Add 2 tbsps pale cream sherry, cook 1 min / 100dC / speed 1, MC off.
Add water, stock, chicken, fresh and dried mushrooms and 1tsp dried Thyme. cook for 16-17 minutes on 100dC, , speed 1.
Place risotto into a serving bowl, stir through parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Not sure why the simmering basket is shown. You don't need it. I made this variation due to dietary restrictions regarding milk/cream/butter. I think the pearl barley gives an added texture. My son didn't notice that it was there. He's normally not a fan of mushrooms either but he loved them in this recipe.
You can use 100g White wine instead of the sherry. Just use about a third for the porcini and add the rest after toasting the rice/barley as for the sherry.
Thanks to Lol777 for the original inspiration.
Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
Accessories you need
A rule of thumb: For 100g risotto rice you need 300g water with stock paste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Lamb Ragu
- Sri Lankan-style Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Oatmeal recipe
- Honey-soy chicken wings
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC