- 800 g Chicken Thighs diced, appr. 3 cm
- 2 onions, Medium, cut in halves
- 1 fresh green chilli, optional, Halved and finely sliced
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 1 bunch coriander, Separate the leave and use the stalks
- 1 can Chickpeas (400g), (drained)
- 20 g Groundnut or Vegetable Oil
- 1 knob butter
- Korma paste, (See Korma Paste Recipe)
- 1 can Coconut Milk (400 g)
- 1 Small Handful of flaked Almonds, (plus extra for serving)
- 2 tbsp desicated coconut, (heaped)
- sea salt and black pepper, for season
- 500 g natural yoghurt
- 1 lemon
- 200 g water
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp Groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste.
- 2 Fresh Green Chillies
- 3 tbsp desicated coconut
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Spices for toasting:
- Add cumin seeds and coriander seeds "Closed lid" 2min-120 oC- Speed 1.
- Mill for 1 min-Speed 10
- Add the rest of the ingredients , chop for 3-5 sec, speed 5
-Mix all ingredients for 10 sec- Speed 8 until desired smooth paste is achieved
- Add onions, Chillies and Coriander stalks "Closed lid" 3 sec, Speed 5.
- Add Butter and sautee for 3 minutes, 120 oC, Speed 1.
- Add Chicken thighs and sautee, for 2 minutes, 120 oC, "Counter-clockwise operation" Speed 1.
- Add Korma curry paste, coconut milk, half of the flaked almonds, the drained chickpeas, dedicated coconut and water "Closed lid" 30 min, 90 oC, "Counter-clockwise operation" Speed 1.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Accessories you need
- Serve with rice of your choice.
- Add a few spoonfuls of natural yoghurt dolloped on top and sprinkle over the rest of the flake almonds. Scatter over coriander leaves and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
- If preferred, use 1/2 a 290g jar of Pataka's Korma paste instead of homemade Korma Paste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Peasy Satay Chicken
- Jess's Spag Bol
- Chicken Donor kebab marinade
- Karaage Chicken
- 40 kids Spaghetti Bol sauce
- Nana's Chicken and Spaghetti
- Hidden Veg Rissoles
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Minced beef Goulash
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Mersey Valley Baked Chicken