- 1 onion, cut in half
- 1 garlic clove
- ginger, approx 2cm
- 1 bunch corriander
- 1 big red chilli, with or without seeds depending how spicy you like it
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground corrinader
- 1/2ts ground cloves
- 1 lemon myrtle leaf, optional
- 1/2 ts ground fennel
- 1/2 ts ground cardamon
- 1/2ts ground cinnamon
- 1 piece fresh tumeric or 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 small piece galangal, optional
- 20g coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon TM vegie stock concentrate
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, optional- leave out for vegetarian guests
- 500g chicken thighs, sliced
- 300 grams sweet potato, pumpkin, celery or carrot, 2cm cubed -use any or a combination of all of these vegetables
- 400 grams light organic coconut cream
- 1 Kaffir lime leaf
- 400 grams zucchini, brocolli, red capsicum or snow peas, cut into chunks-use any or a combination of all of these vegetables or other favourites you may have
- 1 bunch boc choi or silverbeet, roughly chopped
- 250g smoked firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 lime or lemon, to serve
- cracked pepper, to taste
Place fresh corriander into the TM bowl & chop for 3 secs speed 6. scrape half out & leave to sprinkle on top at the end.
Put onion, garlic, ginger, galangal, lemon myrtle leaf and chilli in the TM bowl chop for 5 sec speed 10, scrape down sides of bowl.
Add dry spices & coconut oil, cook for 3 min varoma temperature, speed 1.
Add kaffir lime leaf, chicken & 300g hard vegetables to TM bowl, cook for 8 mins, 100 degrees speed 1.
Add coconut cream, fish sauce & stock concentrate.
Place tofu & 400g of soft veggies into the Varoma -tofu, zucchini & broccoli on the bottom. Snow peas, peas & boc choi leaves on the top tray.
Cook for 15 mins Varoma temp speed 1. Check vegetables if any of the steamed vegetables are cooked remove & place into the thermosever.
Cook for an extra 5 mins Varoma speed only if chicken or vegetables need to be cooked further.
pour all the veggies & chicken & veg mix into a large Thermoserver & sprinkle over chopped corriander leaves & squeeze over some lime or lemon juice & cracked pepper.
Enjoy as is or serve with cooked brown rice or your favourite asian noodles.
You can serve with bean shoots too or replace the chicken with seafood.
Or for a vegetarian option leave out the chicken & the fish sauce & replace with extra veggies.
You may also like to make your own coconut milk instructions in the Indian cookbook.
I used to use herbies Laksa spice mix before I got a Thermie now I can make my own
So you could mill your own too -start with all whole dry spices heat them up to 100 degrees for 2 mins & mill them for 1 min on speed 10.
This is not at all a traditional Laksa, but a family favourite with whatever veg we have on hand.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs