- 700g chicken thighs
- 4 Desiree potatoes ( waxy potatoes)
- Grated Lemon Rind from 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp white peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick broken
- 2 whole cloves
- seeds from 3 cardamon pods
- 2 red chillies
- 1 onion peeled & halved
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 pieces coriander root
- large knob ginger
- 1 Tbsp lemon grass paste
- 1 Tbsp oil
- prepared paste
- 30 g cashews
- 400g coconut cream
- 400 g water
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sambal oelek (optional)
- 2 red peppers cut into pieces
- 4 large tomatoes cut into wedges
- juice of a lemon or lime
- 2 tsp brown sugar
Recipe is created for
Place coriander seeds, cumin seeds,cinnamon,cloves,cardamon seeds and peppercorns in T M bowl. Dry roast 8 minutes, 120 degrees/ speed 2
Mill 1 minute/ Speed 9 - and set aside
Add onion, chilli, ginger and garlic. Chop 8 seconds / Speed 5.
Add oil and Saute 2 /minutes/ 120 degrees / speed 2
Add lemon grass and milled spices.
Saute 2 minutes /speed 2 /120 degrees.
With curry paste still in bowl add cashew nuts and blend 10 seconds/ Speed 5. Scrape downs sides of bowl and blend again 10 seconds / Speed 5
Add coconut cream, water, paprika, sambal oelek and fish sauce
Cook 15 minutes/ 100 degrees/ Speed 2 Place simmering basket on lid to prevent splatter. While sauce is cooking marinate chicken in lemon rind and fish sauce
Blend 1 minute/ speed 9
Place cubed potato in bottom of Varoma. Cook 10 minutes/ Varoma/ Speed 3
Place whole chicken thighs in top Varoma tray and red peppers in simmering basket and continue to cook 10 minutes/ Varoma / Speed 3
Remove Varoma tray, place skinned tomato wedges in basket with red peppers. Replace Varoma tray and cook 5 minutes / Varoma / Speed 2
Cube chicken and place in thermoserver with cubed potato, red pepper, tomato and sauce. Stir through lemon juice and brown sugar .
Garnish with roasted Cashews.
Don't be put off with the long list of ingredients it really it's not that complicated and everything is cooked in the Thermomix
The curry paste can be made ahead and stored in fridge for three days.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Chicken and Vegetable Casserole
- Teriyaki Chicken - 20 minute quick meal
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Curried Sausages
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Beef and Vegetable Puree 6 months+
- Our favourite Curried Sausages
- POT STICKERS (PAN FRIED DUMPLINGS)
- Satay Chicken
- Simple version of Lala's Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Satay Recipe
- Black Bean & Wild Rice Polenta Wedges
- Crunchy Carrot Falafel
- New Zealand Winter Salad
- Lentil Patties, Horseradish Mash & Caramelised onions
- Coconut Yogurt - automated
- Orzo Basil Salad
- Cauliflower Cous Cous Salad
- Blueberry and Coconut Cake
- Mango Dream
- Hazelnut Plum Friand
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Steamed Pork Meatballs