- 800 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into cubes (3 cm)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp garam masala (see Tips)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 100 g natural yoghurt
- 40 g ghee
- 1-2 brown onions (appox. 180 g), cut into quarters
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 6 cardamom pods (green)
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder (optional)
- 100 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 60 g tomato paste
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1-2 pinches salt
- 1-2 pinches ground black pepper
- fresh coriander, leaves only, for garnishing
- Place a bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh chicken into it. Set bowl aside.
- Place all remaining Chicken tikka ingredients into mixing bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 9 or until a smooth paste. Transfer into bowl with chicken and stir well to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator to marinate for a minimum of 20 minutes or overnight. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place ghee into mixing bowl and heat 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add onion, ginger paste and garlic paste and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and cook 10 min/100°C/speed 1.
- Add cardamom pods, fenugreek seeds, turmeric, chilli powder (optional), cream and reserved chicken with marinade and cook 4 min/100°C//speed .
- Add tomato paste, sugar, salt and pepper and cook 15-20 min/90°C/speed 1, without measuring cup, until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer into a serving bowl. Garnish with coriander and serve warm.
This recipe is from the new Flavours of India cookbook and recipe chip coming to The Mix Shop 4 July 2017.
To make your own Garam masala, please refer to the Basic Cook Book or Everyday Cook Book.
You can serve this with rice, bread, chutney or your favourite side. We served ours with rice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy chicken Kiev
- Chili con Carne Risotto
- Variation Curried Sausages
- Minced Beef Risotto
- Miso Chicken Ramen
- Stuffed capsicums or peppers
- Hungarian Potatoe bake
- chicken chirizo meatballls lchf
- Dairy Free Pasta Free Lasagne
- Stuffed Egg Free Chicken Meat Loaf with Red Sauce
- Chicken Tinga - Mexican
- Doner Kebabs
- MULLED CIDER
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Parsley Oil
- Black bean tomato soup with coriander lime cream
- Warm apple pie smoothie bowl
- Spicy cauliflower soup
- Broccoli and blue cheese soup
- Lemon curd - Louise Keats
- Steamed pistachio cheesecakes with mango
- Louise Keats Lemon tart
- Courgette soup Lou`s way
- Creamy chicken Kiev
- Upside down choc chip banana cake
- Gluten Free and Dairy Free Fluffy Banana Pancakes - No added sugar
- Sooji halwa
- Variation Roasted Pumpkin and Mushroom Risotto
- Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Coconut Oil Flour Tortillas
- Choc Chip Oat Cookies
- Porridge for one
- Gluten Free Easy Banana Muffins
- Variation KASUNDI - Spicy Indian Chutney