- 1000 g chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 --- lemons, juice only
- 1 level teaspoons salt
- 250 g plain yoghurt
- 2 level tablespoons garlic puree
- 1 heaped tablespoons Ginger Puree
- 1 level tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 level tablespoons Ground Coriander
- 1 level tablespoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 level teaspoons Citric Acid Powder
- 1 level teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 level teaspoons salt, (more or less to taste)
- 2 --- Green Chillies
- 1 bunches coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 3 level tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 level tablespoons Ground Coriander
- 4 level tablespoons curry powder
- 3 level tablespoon paprika
- 3 level tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 level tablespoons garam masala
- 900 g onions
- 250 g rapeseed oil, can also use Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 110 g carrot
- 60 g cabbage
- 85 g red capsicum
- 85 g green capsicum
- 200 g tomatoes, preferably Roma
- 5 level tablespoons Garlic & Ginger Paste
- 1½ level tablespoons garam masala
- 1½ level tablespoons ground cumin
- 1½ level tablespoons Ground Coriander
- 1½ level tablespoons paprika
- 1 level tablespoons fenugreek leaves, also called Methi
- ½ level tablespoons ground turmeric
- 2 level tablespoon rapeseed oil, can also use Canola Oil
- ½ --- onion
- 1 level tablespoon Garlic & Ginger Paste
- 1 level tablespoons Mixed Powder, (see recipe block above)
- ½ level teaspoons Kashmiri chilli powder, (this is a milder chilli)
- 1 level tablespoons sugar
- 70 g tomato paste
- 300 g Base Sauce, (see recipe block above)
- 1 level tablespoons Mango Chutney
- ½ level teaspoons tamarind paste
- ½ level teaspoons fenugreek leaves, also called Methi
- coriander leaves, to garnish
- salt, to taste
- ½ --- lemon, juice only
49h 0minPreparation 48h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Recipe is created for
- This is a four-part process to complete the full Chicken Tikka Pathia dish. Once made the Mixed Powder can be stored in an airtight jar and the Base Sauce can be divided into portions and frozen for use in other recipes. If you only wish to make Chicken Pathia, leave out the Tikka section of the recipe. In this case dry fry the chicken pieces until lightly browned and almost cooked through. Set aside and add to the Pathia Sauce during the final stages.
- Place the chicken pieces in a separate bowl and squeeze the juice of two lemons over.
- Add the coriander leaves and stalks to the Thermomix bowl together with the green chillies cut into halves. Chop for 20 seconds, speed 6. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with the spatula.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and combine for 1 minute, "Counter-clockwise operation" , speed 2.
- Pour the marinade mixture into the bowl with the chicken pieces and combine ensuring that the chicken pieces are completely coated. Cover the bowl with glad wrap and allow to marinate for 6 - 48 hours in a fridge. The chicken can be cooked after 30 minutes but the longer the pieces are allowed to marinate, the better the flavour will be.
- When ready to cook, place the chicken pieces on skewers and cook over a bbq, turning occasionally, until the chicken begins to blacken at the edges. For straight Chicken Tikka, the skewers may now be served. For Chicken Tikka Pathia remove the chicken pieces from the skewers and add them to Pathia Sauce.
- Add all the ingredients to the Thermomix bowl and blend 30 seconds, speed 6. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Blend again 20 seconds, speed 2. Transfer to an airtight container and use as required.
- Cut onions into quarters and add to Thermomix bowl, Add the carrots cut into pieces, capsicums deseeded and quartered, tomatoes quartered and roughly cut cabbage. Chop 30 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add oil and saute for 4 minutes, Varoma, speed 2.
- Add enough water to just cover. Cook 45 minutes, 98c, "Counter-clockwise operation" , speed 1.5.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Top up with hot water to just cover. Cook 30 minutes, 98c, "Counter-clockwise operation" , speed 1.5.
- Blend 1 minute, speed 6 increasing speed 9. Use as required. Can be frozen in portions for future use.
- Quarter the onion and add to the Thermomix bowl. Roughly chop 10 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the oil, garlic and ginger paste, mango chutney and tamarind and saute 4 minutes, Varoma, "Counter-clockwise operation" , speed 2.
- Add mixed powder, chilli powder and sugar. Cook 5 minutes, 98c, "Counter-clockwise operation" , speed 2.
- Add half the Base Sauce and tomato puree, cook 5 minutes, 98c, "Counter-clockwise operation" , speed 2. If the mixture begins to caramelize at the edges, scrape this back into the mixture. Add the remaining base sauce and the reserved cooked chicken and fenugreek and continue cooking at 98c, "Counter-clockwise operation" , speed 1.5 for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened to your required consistency, and the chicken is fully heated through.
- Serve immediately on a bed of rice, garnished with coriander leaves and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Chicken Tikka Pathia
Accessories you need
Fenugreek, also called Methi, and Kashmiri Chilli Powder can be purchased at any Indian grocery store and many Asian grocery stores.
If you cannot find Kashmiri chilli powder, a mild chilli powder will substitute.
When adding the fenugreek leaves rob them in the palms of your hands to reduce them to a powder. This also releases the flavours.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy Mustard Chicken
- Apricot Chicken Curry - Revamp
- Beef Masala Curry
- Chilli Con Carne
- CHICKEN BEAN & CORN ENCHILADAS WITH RICE (THERMOMUMMA)
- Chicken and Pesto Baked Meatballs
- South Indian Chicken Curry
- Spaghetti Bol
- Lamb Shanks with mixed vegetable sauce
- Berubut Masak Lemak Chilli Api
- Mel’s Veggie Packed Chunky Bolognese
- Moroccan-style Chicken with Olives and Preserved Lemons (No Tagine req'd)