- 120 g orange marmalade, Rindless if possible
- 70 g honey
- 20 g apple cider vinegar
- 1 long red chilli, Optional
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 level tsp ground allspice
- 1 pinch Whole Black Peppercorns
- 2 cloves, whole
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, Leaves only
- 1 Leg of Ham, Aprox 5kg
Add all the glaze ingredients to the bowl, if using the chilli, slice it in half lengthways but leave it attached at the stalk, cook 10mins/80deg//sp
Leave glaze to cool slightly this will help it thicken and stick better.
Preheat the oven to 160-170 degrees.
To prepare the ham, cut off the skin leaving as much as the fat on as possible. Score the fat in a diagonal pattern. Line a roasting pan with aluminium foil and a sheet of baking paper and place ham in it.
Before glazing the ham disgard the chilli, cinnamon stick, and bay leaves.
Brush the ham all over with the glaze and roast for about 1 and a half hours basting frequently to build up layers of flavour until beautifully golden and crisp.
Glaze and Ham
This is a delicious Jamie Oliver glazed ham recipe that I make every Xmas and that I've now converted to the Thermomix. Both TM31 and TM5 can be used.
Cooking times and temps may vary depending on the size and sort of ham you choose.
Keep a close eye on the glaze while it's roasting as it will take on too much colour if you're not careful!!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Pearl Barley with Spinach & Pork Mince
- Chicken and Leek Pie
- Chicken tikka masala
- Hainanese Chicken Rice (Fast & Easy)
- My Nacho Feast!
- Chicken & Mushroom Pie filling
- Mustard & Apple Chicken Bake
- Chicken,basil & almond jaffle
- Chinese Style Beef and Broccoli
- Apricot Chicken
- Chicken Thai Green Curry
- Date & Walnut Loaf (Gluten Free & Non-Dairy)
- Naked bliss balls
- Chocolate Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Energy balls
- Pita Bread; Gluten Free, Yeast Free
- Banana, Date and Hazelnut Loaf
- Best Gluten Free Granola
- Avocado and Cacao Mini Loaves
- Lamington Nut Free Lunchbox Bliss Balls
- Pete Evans Chia Porridge
- Whatever Cereal Bars
- Crunchy Orange and Vanilla Granola