- 1 serve of shortcrust pastry, from the basic cookbook
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 fennel, quaretered
- 5 unpeeled baby potatoes, chopped into small (less than 1cm) cubes
- 20 grams olive oil
- 300 grams water
- 200 grams white wine
- 2 tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate
- 400-500 grams chicken thigh, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1-2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1-2 sprigs rosemary, leaves only
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 g water
- 3 tablespoons Corn Flour
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese
- 50 grams stale bread or breadcrumbs
- spray olive oil
Put onion, garlic and fennel in the bowl and chop for 7-8 sec/speed 4.5.
Scrape down the sides and add the potato and the olive oil. Cook 4 min/Varoma//speed 2.
Place the water, wine, stock concentrate, chicken, thyme, rosemary and bay leaf into the bowl and cook 15 min/100 degrees/speed 1.
Place a cup on the lid of the TM and using the scales, weigh in 100g water. Add the corn flour into it and stir with a fork until smooth. Pour into the bowl and then cook 3 min/100 degrees//speed 1.
Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes. Clean and dry the TM bowl.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. And grease a pie dish.
Prepare the shortcrust pastry as per the recipe in the basic cookbook, then put into the pie dish and with your hands, spread it out along the base and sides of the pie dish.
Place parmesan cheese and stale bread/breadcrumbs into the bowl and grate on 20 sec/speed 7.
Pour the filling into the pie case. Evenly spread the parmesan crumb over the top of the pie. Gently push the crumb into the top of the pie with the flat palm of your hand, and if you choose to, spray the top of the crumb with spray olive oil.
Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.
Assembly and cooking
When you put in the chicken, water etc, feel free to add any other vegetables, chopped into <1cm square pieces like the potato. In the photo for this recipe, this pie has a small amount of carrot and broccoli included.
To make this recipe dairy free, omit the parmesan cheese in the crumb and use coconut oil in place of the butter in the shortcrust pastry.
To make this recipe gluten free, choose your favourite gluten free shortcrust pastry, and use stale gluten free bread for the parmesan crumb (and make sure that the corn flour you use in the filling is made from corn and is not wheaten).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- LCHF Broccoli cheese soup
- LCHF bacon chicken cheese rolls
- LCHF Chilli Relleno Chicken Soup
- Al Koozy
- Bharta (eggplant curry)
- Basil parsley cashew pine nut pesto
- Basil chocolate Cake with Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting
- Irish cream
- Potato and Bacon Soup
- Beetroot and dark chocolate brownies
- Raspberry and chia cake
- Hot Cross Buns
- Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Mums best ever pasta sauce