- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 cinnamon quill
- 3-4 cm piece ginger, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 50 grams butter, ghee or coconut oil
- YOUR SPICE PASTE
- 50 grams butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 whole chook, quatered, or 1.5 kilos legs
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2-4 carrots, sliced
- 200 grams sliced green beans, or capsicum or frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 200 g Cashews, soaked
- 100 g water
- 200 g curry sauce, to help blend
First cover your cashews with water so they can soak and soften while your curry cooks.
In your mixing bowl add all the whole dry spices and toast for 5 mins/Varoma/speed 1.
Grind the spices for 10 secs./speed 10 then add the rest of the paste ingredients.
Blend your paste for 5 secs./speed 6, scrape down and reapeat 2-3 times until you have a paste.
In a large ovenproof dish heat the butter and brown the chicken on both sides. You could cook your curry using boneless pieces of chicken meat in the Thermomix, but using meat on the bone and cooking slowly means you are going to extract all those nutrients, collagen and gelatine from the bones.
Cook in the oven with the lid on for 4 hours at 160'C. This will give the meat time to become tender, the nutrients to come out of the bones and the curry paste to deeply flavour your curry.
Pull the meat out of the pot carefully onto a plate. Take about 1 cup of liquid curry sauce out and reserve. Leave the meat to cool enough to handle while you make your cashew cream.
Drain your soaked cashews and add to the thermomix with the water and reserved curry sauce. Puree by slowly increasing to speed 10 for 1 minute.
My 18mth old little girl loves this curry as it is mild and creamy. You can very easily make VEGETARIAN or VEGAN by using cauliflower and or tofu in place of chicken and cooking for less time. Enjoy
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth
- Chicken Creamy Lemon Spinach Paprika TASTY QUICK 14mins
- Low fodmap steamed Chinese 5 spice chicken buns
- Individual Chicken Roulades with Cranberry and Macadamia Stuffing
- Chunky beef, bacon and red wine pie filling
- Frikkadel (Meatballs)
- Parmesan crusted chicken
- Spicy Moroccan Lamb Stew
- Creamy Chicken Canelloni
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Easy Beef Burgers
- Paleo Chicken, Sage & Brandy Pate - Dairy Free Option
- Cream of Smokey Tomato Soup - Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Soft American Style Cookies 3 ways! - Grain & Gluten Free, Vegan option
- Paleo Waffles - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free
- Paleo Fluffy Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free.
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash
- Easter Spiced Paleo Cookies (GAPS, Grain & Gluten Free)
- Healthy Coconut Custard
- Old fashioned Vanilla tea cake
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Malt loaf
- Varoma Porridge for one
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Apple and Date Hot Cross Buns
- Cheese and bacon bread
- Heavenly Hot Cross Buns
- Mangoffee Protein Shake
- My Version of Sous Vide Eggs
- My Version of Perfect No-Split Hollandaise