- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Shallotts
- 50 g ginger, fresh
- 2-4 red chillies, halved, to taste
- 30 g Rice Bran Oil
- 20 g palm sugar or coconut sugar
- 100g water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots
- 2 cm piece of ginger
- 380 g Jasmine rice
- 1.7 kg Whole Chicken, (approx. 1.5 to 1.7kg)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cm piece of ginger
- 3 spring onions
- 2 tsp chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 litre water
- 40 g Vegetable stock paste, BCB recipe
- 4 Large cauliflower florettes, Cut each into half
- 2 Carrots, cut julienne, not too thick
- 4 Large Broccolli florettes, Cut each into half
- 1 Bok Choy leaves, Thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp sugar
1h 40minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place garlic, shallots, ginger and chillies in TM bowl, chop 3sec/Sp 7, scrape sides down.
2. Add oil, sugar, salt and water, cook 5min/100*/Sp 4.
3. Set aside in a small serving dipping bowl.
1. Place garlic, ginger and shallots in TM bowl, chop 3sec/Sp 7. Scrape sides down.
2. Add oil, saute 2min/Varoma//Sp 2
3. Add rice, saute 2min/100*//Sp 2
4. Place rice into simmer basket, set aside.
1. Stuff garlic cloves, ginger and spring onions into cavity of chicken. Place chicken in Varoma Dish, breast side down.
2. Mix Chinese wine, sesame oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl, rub all over skin of chicken.
3. Place water and vegetable stock paste in TM bowl. Place lid on top. Place Varoma dish with whole chicken into position.
4. Cook 45min/Varoma/Sp 3. (this is when you can get the vegetables ready)
5. Turn chicken over onto it's back. Place Cauliflower and carrot in Varoma dish, next to chicken. Cook 5min/Varoma/Sp 3.
6. Top up water in TM bowl to 1L.
Place simmer basket with prepared rice in it, into TM bowl. Put the lid back in place.
7. Place Broccolli and bok choy leaves in Varoma dish, next to chicken. Place Varoma dish back into position on top. Mix Soy sauce, hot water, sesame oil and sugar together and drizzle over chicken and vegetables. Put the Varoma lid back on. Cook 15min/Varoma/Sp 5.
8. Break chicken apart to serve on the rice, with vegetables on the side and spoon the ginger chilli sauce on top of chicken as desired.
Ginger Chilli Sauce
Asian Whole steamed Chicken
Start with the Ginger Chilli sauce and don't wash the bowl as the flavour will enhance the rice further along.
When you put the chicken in to steam the first time, you will have 45 min to get the vegetables ready, plenty of time. So it's important to get the first steps done so you can get the chicken on as early as possible, then the dinner doesn't seem to mtake so long.
Other vegetables you could use are: snow peas, cabbage, chinese cabbage, bean sprouts, baby corn.
You can also serve with a dipping dish of soy sauce and freshly chopped chilli.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hunters Chocolate Cranberry Protein Slice (No Bake, vegan)
- Hunters Very Lemony Lemon Butter
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Hunters Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Hunters Chicken Breast Cacciatore and steamed veg
- Hunters Beef and Vegetable Lasagne
- Hunters Coffee Banana Slushy/Smoothie (non dairy)
- Hunters Warm Chicken and Cous Cous salad with Basil Pesto Dressing
- Hunters version of Non Fried, Fried Rice
- Hunters version of Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Cashew sauce and Coconut rice(by Quirky Cooking)
- Hunters Curry Chicken and Veg Pie
- Hunters version of Nigella's Master Chef Lemon Pavlova