- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cm Ginger, fresh, peeled, chop into 4 pieces
- 450 g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 dashes sesame oil
- 350 g Jasmine rice
- 400 g coconut cream, tinned
- 650 g water
- 1/4 cauliflower, cut into small florettes
- 2 Carrots, peeled, cut, julienne style
- 1/4 capsicum, red or green, sliced thinly
- 2 celery sticks, sliced thinly
- 1/4 broccoli, cut into small florettes
- 12 snow peas, sliced into quarters diagonally
- 1/4 cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 Handful of Cashew nuts
- sesame seeds
- 100 g hot water
- 2 Chillies, (Optional)
- 2 tsp coconut sugar or palm sugar
- 1-2 sprigs Parsley, flat leaf, leaves only
- 1-2 sprigs Coriander, fresh, leaves only
- 1 dash soy sauce, to taste
- 2 tsp Veg Stock Paste (BCB)
- 2 Handfuls of Cashew nuts
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place chopped chicken into a ceramic bowl, set aside. Place garlic and ginger in TM bowl, chop 2sec/Sp 7, scrape down sides, chop 2sec/Sp 7. Add two thirds of this chopped ginger/garlic to the chicken, leave the remaining ginger/garlic in the TM bowl.
2. Mix the soy sauce and sesame oil together in a small bowl, put half in with the chicken and ginger/garlic, mix well, cover and set aside. Set remainder of soy/oil mix aside for later.
3. Place the simmer basket in TM bowl, weigh in the rice, take the simmer basket out and rinse the rice, set aside. Add coconut cream and water to TM bowl, this should weigh 1000g to 1050g in total. Place the simmer basket with rice in it back into the TM bowl and place the lid on.
4. Chop the vegetables and add to the Varoma bowl in the order listed in the ingredients section. They are in this order because they will cook better with the harder veggies at the bottom, don't pack them in though, you need gaps for steam. Finish off by scattering the cashews and sprinkle sesame seeds over the veggies.
5. Place the Varoma dish in place on the TM bowl. Spoon the rest of the soy sauce/sesame oil mixture over the vegetables while in position (this will drizzle down through the rice and add flavour).
6. Place the chicken pieces evenly on the Varoma Tray, place in position on the Varoma bowl and cover with the lid. Cook 20min/Varoma/Sp 4.
7. Set the Varoma aside. Take the rice out of the simmer basket and put into a Thermo server to keep warm. Stir the chicken around on the tray so it cooks evenly. Place the Varoma bowl/tray back into position and cook 5-10min/Varoma/Sp 2, ensure the chicken and veggies are cooked. Place the chicken in the Thermo Server on top of the rice, then sit the Varoma bowl on top of the Thermo Server, it will fit snuggly instead of the lid.
8. Sauce. Place chillies, sugar, parsley, coriander, soy sauce, stock paste, extra hot water and cashews in the liquid left in the TM bowl from cooking the rice. Blend by turning to Speed 5 for approx 15sec, then slowly turn speed up to Speed 9 for 1 minute.
9. Assembly. Take the Varoma bowl off the Thermo Server, quickly add the chicken pieces to the vegetables (cover the rice to keep warm) mix the chicken and veggies together, then place rice in serving bowls, add chicken and veg mix, then pour sauce over. Garnish with extra sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Cashew sauce and Coconut rice
I'd like to thank Quirky Cooking for the original recipe. I've done this version to simplify it (mainly for myself).
The vegetables can be changed a bit, as long as you keep to the fact that the harder vegetables should be nearer the bottom of the Varoma Bowl. You could swap some of the veggies with zuchini, baby corn, green beans, chinese cabbage or bok choy. You could also garnish with chopped spring onions.
This dish could also be vegetarian by just adding more vegetables to the Varoma tray. test the vegetables at Step 7 to see if they need the extra cooking after the rice is cooked, you may not need the extra cooking in step 7.
To make this in TM31 model, reduce the rice to 300g and reduce the water added to the coconut milk so the total weight of water and milk is 900g (this should be about 500g water). Also reduce the chicken to about 400g and reduce all the vegetables by a little bit to fit into the Varoma dish. Keep cooking times/temps the same.
Please comment if you're happy with this version. Thanks
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Hunters Chocolate Cranberry Protein Slice (No Bake, vegan)
- Hunters Very Lemony Lemon Butter
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Hunters Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Hunters Chicken Breast Cacciatore and steamed veg
- Hunters Beef and Vegetable Lasagne
- Hunters Coffee Banana Slushy/Smoothie (non dairy)
- Hunters Warm Chicken and Cous Cous salad with Basil Pesto Dressing
- Hunters version of Non Fried, Fried Rice
- Hunters version of Asian whole steamed chicken, Chicken rice, veggies and Ginger chilli sauce
- Hunters Curry Chicken and Veg Pie
- Hunters version of Nigella's Master Chef Lemon Pavlova
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Pate au Pistou
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Choc Protein Balls