- 80 g day old sourdough bread, torn into pieces
- 1 lemon, zest only, no white pith
- 90 g Pitted green olives
- 2 garlic cloves
- 60 g eschalots
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 400 g Liquid Chicken Stock
- 400 g tomato passata, plus extra if needed
- 1000 g potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes (3 cm)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4-6 skinless chicken breast fillets (approx. 350 g each)
- 4-6 slices prosciutto
- 4-6 stalks fresh silverbeet, stalks removed and leaves torn into strips
- 160 g mozzarella cheese, cut into thin slices
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, to taste
- Line a baking tray (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place bread, lemon zest, olives and 1 of the garlic cloves into mixing bowl and chop 6 sec/speed 7 or until a rough crumb consistency. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place eschalots and remaining garlic clove into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add butter and cook 3 min/100°C/speed 1.
- Add chicken stock and passata. Place Varoma into position, weigh potatoes into dish and onto tray, secure Varoma lid and cook 20 min/Varoma/speed 2. Transfer steamed potatoes onto prepared baking tray, toss with olive oil and set aside. Keep contents in mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten each chicken breast into large pieces (1-1.5 cm thickness).
- Place sheets of aluminium foil, slightly larger then each chicken breast, onto work surface, then line aluminium foil pieces with baking paper.
- Place 1 chicken breast onto centre of each piece of baking paper. Distribute breadcrumb mixture evenly along length of each fillet, top with a slice of prosciutto, a piece of silverbeet and thin slices of mozzarella.
- Using baking paper to assist, tightly roll chicken lengthways in the baking paper and foil to enclose filling, twisting ends to form a firm sausage shape.
- Bake steamed potatoes for 20-30 minutes (190°C) or until golden and crisp. Meanwhile, continue with recipe.
- Check liquid level in mixing bowl and top up with extra passata to cover blades, if required. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Place 2-3 chicken breasts into Varoma dish and 2-3 onto Varoma tray, ensuring steam can circulate freely. Secure Varoma lid and cook 20-25 min/Varoma/speed 2 or until chicken is cooked through (see Tips). Set Varoma aside.
- Insert measuring cup. Blend 30 sec/speed 4-7, increasing speed gradually from speed 4 to speed 7. Unwrap chicken and cut each roll into scrolls (2-3 cm). Place passata sauce onto plate, top with chicken and serve with potatoes.
Accessories you need
Potatoes, passata sauce and chicken rolls can be prepared ahead of time and placed into the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.
To check if chicken is cooked, insert a skewer into the centre - if the juice runs clear, the chicken is cooked.
Steam extra vegetables or carrots in the Varoma with the chicken to add to your meal.
If your chicken breast have the tenderloin attached, remove tenderloin and use it to create smaller rolls, perfect for younger children.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Favourite German mashpotato spinach cheese bake
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom
- Dogs dinner - meat stew (quick and easy)
- Go to spaghetti Bolognese
- Steak &Kidney doughboys
- Crumbed Chicken Tenderloins
- Curry Chicken
- All in one version of Lala's creamy garlic butter chicken recipe
- Veg loaded Spaghetti Bolognese
- GF Slow cooker Roast Lamb Leg and Gravy
- Variation Honey Mustard Chicken
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Cranberry & Prosciutto Stuffing Cups
- Risotto Mediterranean style
- Inside-out chicken parmigiana - Dani Valent
- Stuffed Egg Free Chicken Meat Loaf with Red Sauce
- Three cheese and sweet potato gnocchi
- Paleo Meatloaf with Red Sauce
- Pesto Pizza with Prosciutto, Mozzarella and Fig
- Wellington Meatloaf
- CHICKEN & ROCKET SAUSAGES WITH TOMATO SAUCE
- Pork Tenderloins Stuffed with Dried Prunes with Red Rice and Green bean bundles
- Rocket, Cashew and Capsicum Chicken with Pearl Cous Cous