- 2 onions, quartered
- 20 g Olive Oil or Butter
- 2 teaspoons tumeric
- 1 teaspoon ras al hanout
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1000 g Lamb, cut into 1-2cm chunks
- 1 pinch saffron
- 380 g water
- 1 MC of chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons honey or golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups of instant cous cous, cooked
- 1/2 preserved lemon, sliced
- chopped parsley
- 8 whole dates
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios, (optional)
Chop the onions on speed 5 for 5 seconds.
Scrape down the sides and add oil and remaining spice mix ingredients.
Fry spice mix on speed 1 at varoma temperature for 5 mins.
Add the lamb, water, saffron and dates to the spice mix.
Cook at 100 degrees on speed 1 for 40 minutes"Counter-clockwise operation" .
Add honey and lemon.
Cook at 100 degrees on speed 1 for 20 minutes "Counter-clockwise operation" .
Prepare the cous cous by adding 2 cups of boiling stock, 2 tbsp butter and juice of one lemon. Add to thermoserver or bowl and cover.
Leave until the cous cous has absorbed the stock and mix with a fork to fluff and separate it.
To serve, pour the tagine into the thermoserver or bowl and sprinkle with preserved lemon, parsley, dates, almonds and/or pistachios.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Moles (MOW-lays) with Chocolate Sauce
- Mango Chicken
- Creamy Chicken & Bacon Carbonara
- Ham and Cheese 3 Egg Omelette
- Taco Mince Turkey
- Triple Serve Chicken Larb
- Soy Free Korean Beef Tacos
- Porcupine meatballs
- Chicken and vegetable pies
- Satay Chicken Noodles
- Chicken Parmies / Parmigiana
- Chicken Kiev
- Miso soup with prawns and mushroom
- Keto Nutty Seeded Crackers
- Basmati rice pilaf with fruit and nuts
- Lemon Cloud Cheesecake
- No-bake Lemon Fudge (adapted from Wendyl Nissen)
- Patrick's (Idiot Proof) Bread
- Cauliflower and Salmon Sushi Bowl
- Best Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Creamy Apricot Bites (Nut Free Bliss Ball)
- S'mores Brownie
- Toilet cleaning made easy
- Caramel Squares