- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 lemon, zest
- ¼ tsp each cinnamon, nutmeg, cumin, allspice, turmeric and coriander
- 40 g olive oil
- 900 g stock or equivalent water and 1 tbsp TM stock concentrate
- salt and pepper to taste, Salt and pepper to taste
- 250 g basmati rice
- 30 g currants
- 30 g toasted pine nuts
- 400 g chicken thigh fillet, cubed
- 150 g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 2 handfuls baby spinach, handfuls baby spinach
- 1 tin chick peas drained, or equivalent dried, soaked and cooked
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed to a paste with a little water
8Recipe is created for
Place garlic, ½ the onion and ½ the lemon zest into TM bowl and chop for 3-4 seconds on speed 6.
Scrape down sides of bowl.
and spices and oil. Sauté for 4 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 1.
Add stock and season to taste.
Place rice into basket and rinse under running water. Place basket into TM and stir through currants, pine nuts and remaining lemon zest.
Place cubed chicken, pumpkin, capsicum and remaining thinly sliced onion into Varoma dish and tray and set Varoma into position. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper, stir through.
Cook for 20 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 1.
Remove rice, fluff with a fork and place into ThermoServer.
Add spinach and chick peas to Varoma and cook a further 5-10 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 1 until chicken and pumpkin are fully cooked.
Keep warm whilst you make the sauce by adding cornflour paste to TM bowl and cook for a further 4-5 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 3 with MC off.
Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables and serve with rice immediately.
Other users also liked...
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil
- Black bean tomato soup with coriander lime cream
- Warm apple pie smoothie bowl
- Spicy cauliflower soup
- Broccoli and blue cheese soup