- 65 g Cashews, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 40 g yoghurt, any type
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tsp tumeric, ground, previously omitted
- 1 tsp garam masala, (I used TMX one)
- 1/4 tsp chilli, ground
- 1 tsp cumin, ground, previously omitted
- 2 cm ginger, peeled
- 500 g chicken breast, diced
- 1 --- small onion, peeled & quartered
- 10 g olive oil
- 20 g Butter
- 1/2 tsp cardamom, ground
- 1/2 stick cinnamon, (or 1/2 tsp ground)
- 1 indian bay leaf, (or bay leaf)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 200 g tomato puree
- 1/2 tablespoon chicken stock paste, (or 1 stock cube / powder)
- 75 g water
- 100 g thick cream
- 1 handful frozen beans, (or veg of choice)
- Grind 1/2 cashews for 5 - 10 seconds, speed 7 until cashews are finely ground. Set aside.
- Mince garlic for 3 seconds, speed 6. Scrape bowl.
- Add yoghurt, lemon juice, turmeric, garam masala, chilli, cumin & ginger to the bowl. Combine for 5 seconds, speed 5.
- Add chicken to the bowl. Mix 20 - 30 seconds, , speed 1 until well coated. Place into a glass or metal bowl in the fridge to marinate...try to leave for at least 1 hour.
- BUTTER CHICKEN:
- Don't clean the bowl...this is extra flavour!
- Meanwhile, place onion in bowl, chop 3 seconds, speed 5. Scrape bowl.
- Add oil, butter, cardamon, cinnamon stick & indian bay leaf. Cook 5 minutes, varoma, speed 1.
- Add chicken (and any remaining marinade), paprika, tomato puree, ground cashew, water and chicken stock paste. With spatula, gently stir in dish. Cook 8 minutes, , 100*C, / 1.
- Add cream and beans. Cook 10 minutes, , 100*C, / 1.
- Serve over rice and top with reserved cashew nuts.
Accessories you need
I have adjusted this recipe to suit my family needs. This is actually half of what the original recipe was. It should feed about 3 decent sized serves or 4 smaller ones.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Marinated flank steak
- Hanne's porcupines
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Shonna's Rissoles/Patties
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- Tasty Shepherds Pie
- Spicey Hot Chocolate Mix
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- Orange and Coconut Granola by Jess Sepel
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- American Banana Bread