- 1 large onion, peeled & halved
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 centimetre knob of ginger, peeled, or level tsp ground ginger
- 60 grams coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons Ground Coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, (or to taste). Omit if you do not want any heat
- 1.5 teaspoons ground tumeric
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoons pink himalayan sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can coconut cream, 400ml can
- 60 grams Grassfed Butter
- 800-1000 grams Chicken thigh fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- coriander leaves, to serve
- Cauliflower Rice, to serve
1h 0minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place onion, garlic and fresh ginger (if using) into mixing bowl, and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Use the spatula to scrape down sides of bowl.
2. Add coconut oil and sautee, 3 min/120 deg/speed 1.
3. Add spices and sautee, 1 min/120 deg/speed 1.
4. Add the tomato paste and sautee, 1 min/120 deg/speed 1.
5. Add the salt, lemon juice, coconut cream and grassfed butter. Mix, 3 min/120 deg/speed 1.
6. Blend, 1 min/speed 8.
7. Add the chicken and cook, 17 min/100 deg//speed 1.
8. Pour into thermoserver and top with fresh coriander leaves.
9. Serve with cauliflower rice.
Accessories you need
I tried milling the spices for this recipe but there weren't enough seeds in the mixing bowl for them to break down properly, hence the use of ground spices. Feel free to try yourself though!
I forgot to take a picture, but I will add one next time I make this dish - it looked amazing! Lovely and vibrant.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Xanthe’s Butter Chicken
- Creamy chicken, bacon, mushroom & veggie pie filling
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Bao Buns
- Thai Chicken and Pork Balls
- Chicken & Veg Galette
- Variation Clone of Chicken Enchiladas - Lauren
- Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Sensational Sauce
- Chicken Thai Green curry
- Gma's Meatloaf
- Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Creamy Sweet Chilli Chicken