- 4 spring onions, chopped into 4 pieces each
- 3 cm ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 long red chilli
- 4 Shitake mushrooms, dried
- 200 grams pork mince
- 200 grams Chinese cabbage, cut into thermie size pieces
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp Chicken or Vegetable Stock Powder/paste
- 2 Coriander roots/bases, scrubbed
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 packages round Gow Gee dumpling wrappers
- 1 tsp chile oil, see notes
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 long red chilli, sliced thinly to serve
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Pour boiling water over mushrooms and re hydrate for approx 15 mins. Squeeze out excess water.
Cut each mushroom into 4 pieces.
- Place Srping onions, ginger, garlic, chilli and mushrooms into "Closed lid" and chop 3 sec/speed 8.
Scrape down and repeat.
Add all remaining filling ingredients and mix 3 sec/speed 5.
- Place a heaped teaspoon in the center of a gow gee wrappr.
Wet your finger with water and wet the rim of the wrapper. fold so center meets and seal edges, no need for fancy pleats .... unless you want to!
- OPTION 1:
Place 500g boiling water into "Closed lid" . Place dumplings in Varoma dish and on the Varoma tray and steam 12 mins/Varoma/Speed 1.
Heat 3 tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan (you will need a lid!) over medium high heat . Add dumplings and cook a few minutes until the bottoms are a golden brown.
Carefully add 1/2 cup of water to the pan and cover with lid. Cook for 7 - 8 mins. Remove lid and continue cooking untill all the water has gone and the pan is dry. Your dumpling bottoms will be golden brown and crispy. Serve crispy side up.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk.
Filling Gow Gee Wrappers
Accessories you need
To make your own chilli oil, combine 2 tbsp grapeseed oil and 1 tsp chilli powder or chilli flakes.
Place uncooked dumplings in the fridge in an airtight container and store for up to 2 days.
Open freeze and place into a ziplock bag. Use within 3 months. Defrost and cook as above.
See me make these live on my facebook page. https://linktr.ee/collettesthermiekitchen
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.