- 1 l ARGE WHOLE FREE RANGE CHICKEN
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- Pinch salt
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp bay leaf, powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 shots scotch whisky (80 mls)
- 2 tbsp very soft butter
- 1 whole chicken
- Rock salt
- PIRI PIRI SAUCE
- 10 – 12 birdseye chillies, chopped finely (medium size, medium heat)
- Pinch salt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 100 mls olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic, powder (not crushed as the mixture will be too runny)
- Mix all ingredients into a thickish dipping sauce.
8Recipe is created for
HOW TO BUTTERFLY THE CHICKEN
Using a sharp knife or kitchen scissors, cut chicken through breastbone. Open out, turn over and flatten by pressing down with heel of hand along backbone. Score chicken skin and flesh. Brush marinade all over chicken, sprinkle generously with salt, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
Preheat a chargrill or charcoal barbecue on high. Cook chicken for 40 minutes, turning and basting frequently with marinade, until golden brown and cooked through. Cut into pieces with kitchen scissors and spoon over piri piri sauce. Serve with potatoes, lettuce, lemon and sliced tomatoes.
place all ingredients (except rock salt) in TM and blend for 1 minute on speed 7, scraping down sides and lid.
PIRI PIRI SAUCE
place chilli in TM bowl and chop on speed 8 for 20 seconds (until finely chopped)
add all ingredients together in TM bowl and blend on speed 7 for 30 seconds
CUT CHICKEN WITH SCISSORS INTO PIECES (about 6cm by 4cm long)
serve with chicken
This recipe is from the Food Safari recipe book from the SBS series.
my girls bought it for me for xmas and this is the best chicken you will ever taste.
very spicy so get your glass of water ready
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Crusty Chicken Casserole
- BASIC BEEF STEW
- Cranberry and camembert stuffed chicken
- SAUCE AND MEATBALLS FOR SHEREE
- Creamy Raw Pasta - AIP/Vegan Friendly
- Chicken Parmi Balls
- Hokkien Noodle and Turkey Stri-fry
- Corned Beef Fritters
- All in one spaghetti bolognese
- Portuguese Chicken
- Honey Mustard Chicken in 14 mins (non shredding!!)
- Variation Chicken Laksa
- Cherry, Sherbet Bellini
- Date and Ginger Slice
- All in one Meatloaf with BBQ sauce
- East Meets West (Midwest Chilli with Naan Bread)
- Bangers and Mash with Mushroom sauce
- SWEET POTATO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES..GF
- Basil, Kale Pesto, Bacon and Mushroom Pizza Plait
- Coconut and Passionfruit Self Saucing Steamed Pudding
- Pain D'epi (Wheat Stalk Bread)
- Homemade Raspberry Cordial
- UP 'N' GONE (Additive and Preservative Free)
- Plum Streusel Kuchen (Plum Cake with Crumble Topping)