- 40 g oil
- 700 g pumpkin, cut into medium pieces
- 2cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste from TM Every Day cookbook, or off TM5 chip
- 800 g diced casserole beef
- 400 g tomatoes, diced
- 400 g coconut milk
- 150 g water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Coriander, chopped, to garnish (optional)
1. Pre heat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Place ginger in bowl and process 3 seconds speed 7. Sscrape down sides of bowl.
3. Add 30g oil and curry paste and cook for 3 mimutes 100 dregrees speed 2, MC off.
4. Meanwhile cut pumpkin into medium sized pieces and place in baking pan. Drizzle with oil and bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until tender and golden. Set aside.
5. Add beef and cook for 3 minutes 100 degrees "Counter-clockwise operation" speed "Gentle stir setting"
6. Add tomatoes, coconut milk, water, fish sauce and lime leaves and cook for 60 mins 80 degrees "Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting"
7. Scrape down sides of bowl and cook for a further 30 mins 120 degrees (Varoma temp if using TM31) "Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting" Leave MC off and place simmering basket on top to reduce splatter.
8. Place roasted pumpkin on bottom of thermoserver and pour curry over the top. Stir until pumpkin is moxed through. Sprinkle with chopped coriander
9. Serve with rice
Accessories you need
The sauce is quite runny. You may llike to add a tablespoon or two of cornflour mixed into a paste with same amount of water for the last 10 mins of cooking to help it thicken a bit.
This also tastes very good the next day when the pumpkin has also thickened it a bit. Freezes well too.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jess's Spag Bol
- Chicken Donor kebab marinade
- Karaage Chicken
- 40 kids Spaghetti Bol sauce
- Nana's Chicken and Spaghetti
- Hidden Veg Rissoles
- Sous Vide Wagyu Striploin
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Minced beef Goulash
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Mersey Valley Baked Chicken