- 1 piece Blade Roast, Get the size that suits your family and will fit in the VAROMA!!!
- 800 grams water
- 1 brown onion - halved
- 2 tablespoons vege stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 50 grams cornflour
1h 10minPreparation 1h 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1 - Place Onion into mixing bowl - 5 secs/speed 6
2 - Add Butter - Saute 3 mins/100 degrees/speed 1
3 - Add Water, Stock Bay Leaf and Thyme. Place Blade Roast in Varoma and place Varoma on the thermomix. 60 Mins/Varoma/Speed 3 (ensure lid of varoma shuts)
4 - Remove Beef and let rest for 5-10 mins
5 - Add 3-4 Tablespoons of Corn flour - 3 mins/varoma/speed 3
6 - Slice meat, pour gravy - serve and eat!
Roast Beef with Brown Onion Gravy
Accessories you need
you can use other cuts - but this one works well for our family
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Lemongrass beef skewers with satay sauce
- Slow Cooked Pulled Mexican Beef
- Chicken & Potatoes w Lemon Caper Butter using Egg Boiler Mode
- Schnitzel Crumb
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Pickled Beetroot
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers
- YOMI (Yogi Milan) Indian Coffee Mix
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Caramel Mars Bar Slice
- Creamy Bacon Thyme Sauce
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Pasta with spicy tomato sauce