- 1 piece lean silverside, 1.5 to 2Kg
- 6 cloves
- 1 litre Boiling water
- 1 orange, thickly sliced
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 stalks Celery, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Baby Carrots
- cauliflower florets
- cabbage, sliced
- Whatever vege you like
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Keens mustard powder
- 30g sugar
- 1/4 cup --- white vinegar
- 3/4 cup liquid in which meat has been cooked, strained
2h 40minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Rinse and dry silverside with paper towel. Pierce with a knife and insert the cloves on different sides around the meat.
Place in varoma dish, lid on.
Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your meat. It generally takes 30 minutes per 500grams.
Place orange, onion, garlic, celery and bay leaf into mixing bowl, pour in 1 litre of boiling water, maybe a little less depending on the size of your ingredients.
Place lid on and put varoma on top.
Set for 60 mins varoma temperature speed 2. Check liquid level after 60 mins, top up with boiling water as needed. Set for required time to finish cooking.
Place meat into Thermoserver, reserve 3/4 cup of cooking liquid and pour the rest over the meat to keep warm while you cook your veges.
- Depending on your amount of vege, you can steam potatoes in the strainer basket, place other veges in varoma bowl and cabbage onto varoma tray. Cook for approx 20 minutes. Use 700g water in the bowl. Once cooked mash potatoes in the bowl with a little milk and butter or cheese. Wash and dry bowl for sauce.
Insert butterfly. Place eggs into bowl 10sec speed1.
Add mustard powder and sugar, 10 secs speed1.
Add vinegar and cooking liquid 15 secs speed 1.
Cook for 6 minutes 90 degrees speed 3.
This is a recipe my mum used to make. I have tweaked the sauce a bit. Adjust mustard powder to your taste. The orange in the water makes it!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Teriyaki Chicken - 20 minute quick meal
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Curried Sausages
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Beef and Vegetable Puree 6 months+
- Our favourite Curried Sausages
- POT STICKERS (PAN FRIED DUMPLINGS)
- Satay Chicken
- Simple version of Lala's Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Satay Recipe
- Beef Rotolo
- Frittata pizza and quiche meet!!
- Warm Potato & Frankfurt Salad
- Red Curry Pork Balls with Cucumber Dipping Sauce
- Pumpkin and Potato Soup with Curry and Bacon
- Pickled Beetroot
- Chow Mein - Hubby Style
- Stewed Apples
- Stuffing for Roast Chicken
- Tuna Patties
- Bbq - marinated chicken
- Healthy Muesli
- Family Favourite Pasta Bake