- 1 brown onion, Peeled & quartered
- 1 carrot, Roughly chopped
- 100 grams apple cider vinegar
- 1500 grams hot water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1200 grams Silverside, (Can be bigger or smaller just adjust cooking time to suit)
- 50 grams Butter
- 40 grams flour
- 100 grams cream, (Or milk)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Cup Grated Cheese
2h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add onion, carrot (can also add 2 garlic cloves if you like) and blitz on sp 5 for 3 secs
Add ACV, water and sugar to bowl.
Rinse silverside well and place in lightly oiled varoma dish. Put onto TMX and cook for 70-80mins/Varoma/Sp 2.
Add chopped veggies (i put potatoes into basket then pumpkin & carrot in with the meat)
Check there is still over 1 ltr of water in bowl and then cook for 30mins/Varoma/Sp2
Remove meat & veggies to thermoserver
Strain the cooking liquid and reserve the liquid.
Put butter & flour into TMX bowl and cook for 5mins/100°/Sp2
Add approx 300gms of reserved cooking liquid and cook for 7mins/100°/Sp4
Add cream (or milk), mustard and cheese and cook for 3mins/100°/Sp4
Set sauce aside and then mash your potato with some butter and milk and serve.
Silverside with cheesy white sauce
Accessories you need
I also steamed carrot and broccoli with the meat in the varoma adding them as needed so it was all ready at same time
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Satay Chicken
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Spinach and Cheese Pie
- Tokyo Olympic Matcha Tea Pavlova
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- No Roll Scones - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Doughnut Bundt
- Flaky pastry sausage rolls
- Beef Massaman Curry
- Could it be Gravy - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Shortbread Squares - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly