THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Fresh or Dried Chorizo Sausages sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced (thin rounds)
- 700 g chicken thighs, skin off, (I use thighs and cut each thigh in 4 pieces so they dont cook down to much)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock, or equivalent 1 Tbsp TM vegie stock and water
- 400 grams chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 heaped teaspoon smoked paprika
- 750 grams tomato based tomato sauce, (use a nice rich one or add 1 tablespoon of tomato paste)
- --- couscous, (1 and 1/2 cups)
- --- chicken stock, (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 1 bunch mint leaves, fresh, chopped (half a cup)
Place Couscous in a bowl and cover with stock.
Leave until the stock is all absorbed.
Wet some baking paper and place on varoma tray. Spread couscous on tray, sprinkle with chopped mint and place in Varoma.
Add onion and Garlic. Chop for 2 Seconds on speed 7
Add sausage and cook on varoma temp for 3 mins speed soft reverse
add zucchini and cook on Varoma temp for 1 mins on speed soft on reverse
Insert Butterfly and chicken to bowl
Cook on varoma temp for 3 mins speed soft and reverse.
Add paprika, pasta sauce, chick peas and stock.
Place Varoma with Couscous on top of TM. Cook on Varoma temp for 15 mins (or until chicken and couscous are fully cooked) speed soft on reverse.
Remove Couscous and place in Thermoserver. Add chopped mint and a little butter and stir gently
Place Stew in another Thermoserver (if you are lucky enough to have 2) or similar dish.
Serve Chicken stew over Cous Cous and add sour cream to serve
sprinkle with extra mint on top.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cherry, Sherbet Bellini
- Date and Ginger Slice
- All in one Meatloaf with BBQ sauce
- East Meets West (Midwest Chilli with Naan Bread)
- Bangers and Mash with Mushroom sauce
- SWEET POTATO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES..GF
- Basil, Kale Pesto, Bacon and Mushroom Pizza Plait
- Coconut and Passionfruit Self Saucing Steamed Pudding
- Pain D'epi (Wheat Stalk Bread)
- Homemade Raspberry Cordial
- UP 'N' GONE (Additive and Preservative Free)
- Plum Streusel Kuchen (Plum Cake with Crumble Topping)
- Stewed Beef Brisket with tomato
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Tuna Dip
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Sweet corn fritters
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup