Speedy Chicken Curry
- 1 clove garlic
- 90 grams brown onion, approx
- 25 grams oil
- 75-125 grams curry paste of choice, *to your taste see notes
- 300-400 grams coconut milk
- 3-4 potatoes, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 500 grams chicken (thigh or breast), diced into 2cm pieces
- 150-200 grams vegetables (ie carrots, snow peas), chopped into pieces
- fresh coriander, to taste (optional)
- cooked brown or white rice
33minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking 28min
Add garlic and onion to bowl and chop 3 sec, speed 7.
Add oil and curry paste and sautee 2-3 min, 100C, speed 1.
Add coconut milk and potatoes and cook 10 min, 100C, speed 1.
Add chicken and mixed vegetables and cook a further 15 min, 100C, speed 1.
Done! Place curry into a Thermoserver, and proceed to making boiled rice without even washing the bowl!
I tend to buy my curry pastes though would like to start making my own! I find if using Ayam Curry Pastes these are stronger and I only need 75g paste, though some other brands need up to 125g. I use red or green pastes depending what I have handy and freeze in portions for next time I make this recipe!
In place of white potato, try sweet potato.
In place of chicken try adding peeled raw prawns in the final 3-4 minutes or omit chicken altogether and add more vegies for a vegetable curry!
The exact amount of garlic, onion, potato, chicken and vegies is very forgiving so this recipe is just a rough guide though ensure you are keeping below your maximum fill in your bowl and cook times may change depending on your quantity and also size of your ingredients requiring cooking.
This recipe was adapted from Fast Chicken Curry from my old TM31 spiral cookbook and still has to be one of my favourite all time recipes. Can be made in either TM31 or Model 5.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Szechuan Pork and Veggie Stirfry
- My Savoury Mince
- Sloppy Joes
- LCHF Hidden Veggie Mexican Taco Bake
- BBQ Pork Belly
- Chicken Bourguignon
- Healthier Shepherds Pie
- Healthier Lasagna
- Healthier Deviled Sausages with Apple and Mash
- Variation Healthy Butter Chicken
- Healthier Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken thighs with Balsamic Reduction
- Crab Linguine for Two
- No bake choco mint cheesecake
- Pineapple Daiquiri
- Cheats Capsicum, Feta and Walnut Pasta Salad
- BBQ Favourite: Curried Rice Salad
- Banana Colada
- Mango, Banana & Passionfruit Icecream
- Moist Italian Apple Flan
- Beer Bread
- Custard Creams
- Versatile Tuna, Salmon or Chicken Patties
- Crusty Loaf