- 1 clove garlic
- 90 grams brown onion, approx
- 25 grams oil
- 75-125 grams curry paste of choice, *to your taste see notes
- 300-400 grams coconut milk
- 3-4 potatoes, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 500 grams chicken (thigh or breast), diced into 2cm pieces
- 150-200 grams vegetables (ie carrots, snow peas), chopped into pieces
- fresh coriander, to taste (optional)
- cooked brown or white rice
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add garlic and onion to bowl and chop 3 sec, speed 7.
Add oil and curry paste and sautee 2-3 min, 100C, speed 1.
Add coconut milk and potatoes and cook 10 min, 100C, speed 1.
Add chicken and mixed vegetables and cook a further 15 min, 100C, speed 1.
Done! Place curry into a Thermoserver, and proceed to making boiled rice without even washing the bowl!
I tend to buy my curry pastes though would like to start making my own! I find if using Ayam Curry Pastes these are stronger and I only need 75g paste, though some other brands need up to 125g. I use red or green pastes depending what I have handy and freeze in portions for next time I make this recipe!
In place of white potato, try sweet potato.
In place of chicken try adding peeled raw prawns in the final 3-4 minutes or omit chicken altogether and add more vegies for a vegetable curry!
The exact amount of garlic, onion, potato, chicken and vegies is very forgiving so this recipe is just a rough guide though ensure you are keeping below your maximum fill in your bowl and cook times may change depending on your quantity and also size of your ingredients requiring cooking.
This recipe was adapted from Fast Chicken Curry from my old TM31 spiral cookbook and still has to be one of my favourite all time recipes. Can be made in either TM31 or Model 5.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Chicken and Bacon Creamy Sauce - Dairy Free
- Beef and Vegetable Rissoles
- Chicken Enchilada Quinoa
- Shish Kebab Marinade
- Mum's Curried Chicken
- Shanghainese Sweet Sour Pork Ribs 上海糖醋排骨
- SUI MAI DUMPLING 烧卖
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Jen's Cottage Pie
- Finger-Lickin' Good Chicken Rissoles
- Crab Linguine for Two
- No bake choco mint cheesecake
- Pineapple Daiquiri
- Cheats Capsicum, Feta and Walnut Pasta Salad
- BBQ Favourite: Curried Rice Salad
- Banana Colada
- Mango, Banana & Passionfruit Icecream
- Moist Italian Apple Flan
- Beer Bread
- Custard Creams
- Versatile Tuna, Salmon or Chicken Patties
- Crusty Loaf
- Creole Style Jambalaya
- Multigrain Bread
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Hi-Fibre Bread Loaf or Rolls
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- Rosemary sausage rolls
- Strawberry Balls
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Risotto