- 2 KG Whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 2 Large onions peeled and cut in half
- 4 Garlic cloves peeled
- 4cm piece ginger chopped into coins
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons garam marsala
- 3 coriander roots washed
- 4 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 3-4 banana leaves, or aluminium foil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground tumeric
Pierce the chicken all over with a skewer so the marinade can penetrate the flesh.
Rub lemon juice and 1 teaspoon salt all over the skin and inside the cavity of the chicken.
Add the onion, garlic and ginger to a clean and dry tm bowl and chop for 3 seconds / speed 7.
Add the Ghee to the tm bowl and cook 5 mins/ Varoma / speed 1.
Add the almonds, chilli powder, coriander roots, tumeric and garam masala and cook 1 min / varoma / speed 1.
Blitz all ingredients 1 minute / speed 9. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and Blitz a further 20 seconds /speed five.
Cover the chicken in the marinade and allow to marinate for 6 hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and wrap in moist banana leaves or aluminium foil. Place in roasting tin and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Unwrap the leaves/foil and roast for another 10 minutes or until well browned. Check the leg juices before carving and allow to rest for 10 mins.
Preparing the Chicken
Serve with rice and lentils for an indian themed dinner.
You can get away with marinading it for a shorter period of time but the flavours wont be as intense.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation To "My Savoury Mince"
- Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne (using whole beef)
- Lebanese Kafta
- Maccas Cheeseburgers
- Chicken and Veg Pie
- Chiang mai noodles
- Slow-cook turmeric paste for lamb
- Raw Kebbe
- Paleo Raw Chocolate and Beetroot Mudcake
- Poached pears with muesli, yoghurt, honey and strawberries
- Ginger, Spinach and Almond Green Smoothie
- Cucumber and Mint Green Smoothie
- No cook coconut vanilla yoghurt
- Acai, Banana, Coconut Green Smoothie
- Grain free breakfast burrito wrap
- Pinacolada Sorbet
- Chilli, Garlic and Lime Aioli
- Lemon Coconut breakfast bars (Gluten,dairy, refined sugar and egg free)
- Banana hemp Crunchy Museli
- Cacao, chia, cherry and pistachio breakfast smoothie
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Cheats Mansef
- Simple hearty pumpkin soup
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Lebanese Eid Biscuit Kaak Alkhamees Mr2od Ka'ak Black Seed
- Bok choy and coconut curry
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Ultimate Keto Chocolate Brownies