- 30-50 g fresh ginger, knob, peeled
- 2 Chicken thigh fillets
- 400 g Chinese cabbage
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 60 gow gee pastry wrappers, available at supermarkets
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- fresh ginger, from filling ingredients
8Recipe is created for
91st main course 2nd main course Appetizer Main course Starter Alcohol-free Children food Egg free Non-dairy Chinese Easy Low budget Natural Asian Chinese New Year Children birthday Everyday Kids in the kitchen Party Dinner Lunch Snack Steam cooking Steam cooking with Varoma All-in-one cooking with Varoma Meat dish
1. Peel ginger and place in bowl. Chop 5 seconds/speed 7.
2. Set aside approx 1 tsp of ginger for dipping sauce.
3. Add chicken to bowl. Mince 5 times/1 second//turbo.
4. Add cabbage and soy sauce to bowl. Mix 10 seconds/speed 7.
1. For simplicity, I purchased Double Merinos gow gee pastry (packet of 30). You can find these in the fridge at your supermarket.
2. Place approx 2 teaspoons of the filling on to the centre of a wrapper.
3. Wet edges of wrapper, and fold in half to seal.
4. Crimp wrapper (see photo, or look on YouTube for a demo - I'm not expert at this, but the aim is that no filling seeps out).
1. Place dumplings in Varoma tray and Varoma base.
2. Add 1.5 litres of water to the TM bowl. (Note, I did not scrape the bowl thoroughly, as I knew the leftovers would make a great stock, which I later used in pumpkin soup).
2. Cook for 20 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.
1. Mix together dipping sauce ingredients.
2. Serve dumplings with dipping sauce while hot.
If you are creative you can make the dumpling wrappers from scratch!
Add any veggies you like (great for veggie smuggling), eg carrot, corn.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Light Fruit Cake
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Taiwanese Three Cup Chicken
- Sweet Chilli Chicken
- Tom Kha Gai - a Thai chicken and coconut milk soup (Paleo)
- Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Coffee Ice Cream (or any other flavour you can dream of!)
- Cornbread - moist and sweet
- Watermelon and Lime Margarita
- Spicy Corn Fritters (recipe converted from "Chin Chin - The Book. Recipes by Benjamin Cooper"
- Susan's Double Choc Mint Hot Chocolate Mix