- 150 g stale bread
- 100 g dried apricots
- 1 medium onion
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 rasher of bacon
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Sage
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs
- 40 g slivered almonds
- 1.5-2kg loin of pork
- 30 g olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Rip up the stale bread and place in bowl. Blend for 5 seconds on speed 4. Remove from bowl. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees.
2. Put the dried apricots in the bowl and blend for 4 seconds on speed 5. Add to the bread.
3. Cut the onion into halves and place into bowl. Blend at speed 4 for 4 seconds. Scrap down.
4. Add the olive oil and cook for 3 minutes on 100 degrees on speed 2.
5. While that is cooking, dice the bacon and fry in a small frypan till crispy.
6. Add the cooked onion and bacon to the bread and apricots.
7. Add the cranberries, sage, herbs and almonds to the bowl and mix.
8. Take your loin of pork and score the skin one way 3/4 through. Take your knife and slice the meat horizontally 3/4 of the way through and open it up like a book.
9. Spread the stuffing mixture along the length of the loin.
10. Wrap the two sides of meat around the stuffing and tie at intervals with cooking twine holding it snug.
11. Place the trussed and stuffed loin on a rack in the sink.
12. Boil a jug of water and pour boiling water over the loin 3 times, drying between each pour.
13. Pour the oil over the skin and massage in.
14. Sprinkle the salt over and massage in.
15. Bake for 1 hour at 220 degrees.
16. Reduce the heat after one hour to 180 degrees and bake for a further 20 minutes.
17. Allow to cool completely before removing the crackling and carving the meat. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Accessories you need
Lovely cold for Christmas lunch or hot straight out of the oven.
Use a rack to bake so the cracking can crackle.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Lemongrass beef skewers with satay sauce
- Slow Cooked Pulled Mexican Beef
- Chicken & Potatoes w Lemon Caper Butter using Egg Boiler Mode
- Schnitzel Crumb
- Easter Frozen Raspberry Delight
- Amazeballs Protein Balls (Kid friendly)
- Vanilla Cookie Slice (from Rachel Cooks)
- Caramel Crunch Cheesecake (Similar to AWW one)
- Hippety Hop Rocky Road (AKA Easter Rocky Road)
- Armenian Nutmeg Cake
- Weetbix Slice
- Microwave Meringues
- Nutella Pizza
- Chocolate Plum Pudding
- Christmas Bark
- Delightful Dukkah
- Cacao Protein Slice
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Pickled Beetroot
- All Green Stock Powder
- Super Easy Waffles