- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 - 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil of choice
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, I use a mix of verjuice and white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup liquid chicken stock, or water and 1 tbsp stock concentrate
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped, or 2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 egg yolk
- 60 g cream, fresh
- pinch white pepper and salt
- 6 skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into quarters
Chop fresh tarragon if using, 3 secs, speed 7, set aside. No need to rinse jug.
Chop onion and garlic, 5 secs speed 7, scrape down bowl.
Add oil, saute 3mins, 100oC, speed 1.
Add flour, cook 1min, 100oC, speed 1. A roux will form.
With blades running, speed 2, add stock or stock concentrate + water. Then add wine or verjuice + vinegar. Cook 2 mins, 100oC, speed 1.
Add chicken, tarragon, salt and pepper, cook 8 mins, 100oC, , speed soft, . Scrape down sides.
Add egg yolk and cream, cook 2mins, 90oC, , speed soft .
Serve on a bed of rice with a green salad or steamed vegetables.
The subtle flavour of tarragon can be masked by the stock concentrate, therefore chicken stock is preferable. You could add more tarragon.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo: Phat Si Ew
- Monday Night (Beef or Lamb) Curry
- Italian Beef Ragu
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Curried Meatloves with BBQ Glaze Sauce
- 3 ways chicken fajitas
- Stuffed Burgers
- SWEET& SOUR PORK
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Breadcrumbs for Fish
- Paleo: Phat Si Ew
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Parsley, Rocket & Pistachio Pesto
- Middle Eastern BBQ'd Pumpkin Bread
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Raw Tahini Dressing
- Fresh tomato tart
- Orange Soup - Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Carrots
- Beetroot and Orange Spiced Chutney
- Creamy Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Vol au Vents
- Savoury Streusel Muffins