- 1 medium red onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons, peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons, curry powder
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 500g beef eye fillet, cut into strips
- 4 cups of coconut milk
- 1/2 MC fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 200g fresh thin egg noodles
- 2 shallots, finely sliced to garnish
- coriander leaves, to garnish
- limes wedges, to garnish
- With the blades spinning on Speed 9, drop the onion and garlic through the hole in the lid until they are finely chopped. Scrape down bowl.
- Add the oil, curry powder and curry paste and sauté for 3 minutes/varoma/speed 1.
- Add the beef and sauté for 3 minutes/varoma/reverse + speed 1.
- Add the coconut milk to the TM bowl and cook for 10 minutes/100 degrees/reverse + speed 1.
- Add the fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice and cook for a further 10 minutes/100 degrees/reverse + speed 1.
- Blanch the noodles in boiling water (or cook as directed) and divide between serving bowls.
- Pour over the curry mixture and garnish with shallots, coriander leaves and lime wedges (and sliced chilli if you like it extra spicy!)
When you're buying egg noodles, look out for brands that have no added colours (which are very hard to come by these days!) If you get stuck you can substitute them with Hakubaku Organic Japanese Noodles (eg udon, soba, etc) which have no added nasties - you can find them in the Asian groceries aisle in most major supermarkets. For a gluten-free option, use rice noodles instead.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Protein Balls
- Peanut Curry of Tofu, Potato and Roasted Shallots
- Chocolate Tart
- Organic Beef with Vegetables and Millet (Baby Food 8+ months)
- Risotto Arrabbiata
- Moroccan Lamb with Vegetables (Baby Food 8+ months)
- Apricot Chicken Puree (Baby Food 8+ months)
- Apple, Pear and Cinnamon Puree (Baby Food 6+ months)
- Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Puree (Baby Food 8+months)
- Mushy Peas
- Pork and Crab Wonton Soup
- Cauliflower, Potato and Blue Cheese Soup