- 20 white peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds, roasted
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, roasted
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 small Red Onions
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons galangal, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lemongrass, chopped
- 6 long green chillies, seeded & chopped
- 8 green bird's eye chillies, seeded & chopped
- 2 tablespoons wild ginger (kachai)
- 1 piece tumeric, fresh
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste, roasted
- 1 tablespoon lime zest and juice, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons coriander root
Recipe is created for
Dry roast the coriander seeds and cumin seeds for 6 minutes @ 100 degrees on speed 2.
Add peppercorns and salt. Blend to a fine powder on speed 10. Set aside.
To make paste:
Put onion, galangal, lemongrass & salt into the jug and blend on speed 9 for 5-10 seconds.
Add the rest of the ingredients and blend on speed 9 until a smooth paste consistency. Scrape down sides
of jug periodically. Add spice mix and blend on speed 4 just to mix.
(Hint - To roast the shrimp paste, place it in alfoil and fold into a neat parcel. Then cook in a hot pan for a minute to develop the flavour)
Divide paste into packets containing 3 tablespoons each. You should get 5 packets. You are now ready to make Thai Green Curry.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ayam Masak Merah
- Butter Chicken Risotto
- My dad Bill's curried chicken
- Easy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Honey Soy Chicken Roll
- Minced meat skewers with prune
- Kel's edited version of sweet n sour pork meatballs
- Festive Baked Chicken Thighs
- Deb's Chicken bacon and spinach risotto
- Debs Caesar salad
- Pork and Fennel Meatballs with Creamy Mushrooms, Sage and Beans
- Honey Chicken - Chinese take away style
- Rissotto con Camarones y leche de coco
- Bunya Nut Fritters
- Quick Pizza Scrolls
- Easy Brocoli Pasta
- KFC style coating
- Bean salad
- THERMOMUMMA PIZZA DOUGH (WITH SOURDOUGH OPTION)
- autumn.kitchen Sourdough Sandwich Loaf
- BEST Basic vanilla cupcakes
- Ayam Masak Merah
- Grandma’s Brandy Fruit Cake
- Gluten Free Challah