- 40 grams sesame seeds or peanuts, dry roasted or toasted
- 1 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 cm piece ginger, peeled, just scrape the skin off with a sharp knife
- 1 small piece red chilli, deseeded - optional
- 15 grams peanut oil
- 500 grams pork mince
- 1 x 230g gram tin of water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
- 30 grams oyster sauce
- 30 grams soy sauce/tamari
- 15 grams Shao Shing Chinese wine
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves, washed and trimmed
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
1. Place the seeds or peanuts into your TM bowl, and dry roast for 8 mins/100 deg/sp 1.
2. Place onion, garlic, ginger and chilli into TM bowl and chop for 5 sec/sp 7.
3. Add peanut oil and saute for 3 mins/Varoma/sp 1.
4. Remove mixture from bowl and set aside.
5. Add a few cups of water to the bowl to steam the pork (no need to wash the bowl)
6. Add the minced pork to the rice basket and cook for 10-12 min/ Varoma . Check that the meat is cooked.
7. Remove the cooked pork, clean and dry bowl and then add back to the bowl the mince and onion mixure, add the water chestnuts, oyster sauce, soy sauce and Chinese wine and cook for a further 3-4 minutes / Varoma /
8. Servce on Lettuce leaf cups
Experiment with half pork and half chicken mince.
Try mincing your meat in the TM. See your Everyday Cookbook.
Add additional vegetables to bulk out the dish.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Mustard and chive chicken
- Clean Thai Beef Salad with Brown Rice
- Sous Vide Rib
- Padang Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- Curried Sausages
- Slow cooked Curried Sausages - with hidden veggies
- Variation Kid-friendly pearl couscous bolognese for Mum and baby
- Thai Chicken or Fish Patties
- Slow Cooked Silverside/Corned Beef