- 1 Whole chicken, About 2kg
- 1.5 litre water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 sprig rosemary, Stems removed
- 2 sprigs Thyme, Stems Removed
- 3 sprigs sage leaves
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1/2 --- Juice Whole Lemon
- 1 tsp vegetable stock concentrate
- 1 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 to taste pepper
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour, Can use corn flour
- 1 dash Worsteshire sauce
- bunch Mixed green vegetables ie celery, asparagus, zuchini brocolini
1h 35minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Put the garlic and herbs into TM bowl and chop on speed 7 for 15 seconds, scrape down sides of bowl and repeat if necessary (it should look like a green paste.) Add mustard seeds, dijon mustard, lemon and stock concentrate, mix together speed 3 for around 10-15 seconds until combined. Assemble the varoma with the deep dish only, leave the flat dish aside for later, place the whole chicken in the varoma. Coat the chicken with the mixture from the TM bowl using a pastry brush, make sure all areas of the chook are covered in the paste, including underneath. Without rinsing the bowl, fill it with the 1.5 litres of water and sit varoma on top. Set time to 60 minutes, temp varoma, speed , put a tea towel over varoma to keep the steam in.
While chook is steaming, prepare your greens and set aside. With 10 minutes to go, prepare a baking tray with baking paper and pre-heat oven to 180°c
While chicken is in the oven, arrange the broccoli florets in the deep part of varoma, and flat greens on top. Steam for around 10 minutes using liquid still in TM bowl. When greens are finished, set aside in thermo server, or just in the varoma tray without opening to keep warm.
Place lid back on the TM bowl with the liquid from steaming still inside, add the tapioca (or corn) flour, along with the Worcestershire sauce. Set time for 3 minutes, temp. 80°, speed 3.5. While sauce is cooking, remove chicken, allow to rest for 5 minutes. Cut into pieces and serve with greens and herb, mustard sauce!
Prepare the Chicken
While Chicken is steaming
Crisp up chicken & cook greens
You can add white wine in the steaming water for a more pungent flavour
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Xanthe’s Butter Chicken
- Creamy chicken, bacon, mushroom & veggie pie filling
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Bao Buns
- Thai Chicken and Pork Balls
- Chicken & Veg Galette
- Variation Clone of Chicken Enchiladas - Lauren
- Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Sensational Sauce
- Chicken Thai Green curry
- Gma's Meatloaf
- Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Creamy Sweet Chilli Chicken
- Pork apple & fennel meatloaf
- Chicken and leek casserole with varoma steamed parmesan dumplings
- Healthy Salted Caramel Popcorn Slice
- Coconut Butter
- Dairy Free Mozzarella Style Cheese
- Perfect Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Healthy LCM style Puffed Rice Bars
- GLUTEN FREE BACON & ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
- Bechamel Sauce Grain Free, Dairy Free
- Raw Cacao Bliss Balls, Sugar Free