- 2 small lamb shanks
- 1 brown onion, peeled, chopped in 2
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk Celery
- 2 tbsp vege stock
- 1 litre water
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 1 kumara, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 10 green beans, topped and tailed
2h 0minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop the onion, garlic, carrot and celery, speed 7 for 2 seconds, scrape down and add stock and water. Put the lamb shanks in the simmering basket with the bones towards the middle - they will sit up through the hole in the lid to start with. Put the simmering basket in the bowl, put the lid on and put the measuring cup upside down over the bones that are poking through the lid. Set to 99 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2.
When that is done, take the lid off, push the shank bones down so the entire shank is now inside the bowl - the meat is tender so it will start to fall off the bone and you can wiggle them around. Put the lid back on (check you don't need more water, it will need to be about 500 to 700 ml mark), put the prepared potato and kumara on the Varoma dish, lid on and set to Varoma, 20 minutes, speed 2. For the last 5 minutes put the beans and carrots on the Varoma tray to steam.
To serve, arrange the shank and vegetables on a plate - whizz the vegetable gravy until it is smooth, 10 seconds on speed 8, spoon over the shanks and enjoy!
Lamb Shanks Meal
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs Gluten Free Dairy Free
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Chicken with mandarin and star anise
- Gluten Free White Baguette
- Pumpkin Cupcake with Ginger Icing
- Dulche de leche (3 ingredients)
- Chestnut Cupcakes with Caramel Filling and Chestnut buttercream icing
- Black Russian Cupcake and Kahlua Buttercream Icing
- Asian Flavour Fish Quenelles (Varoma)
- Hot Water Pastry Beef Mince Snack Pie
- Hot Water Pastry
- Edmonds Brandy Snaps
- Raw Simnel Cake
- Salmon with Ginger and Coriander
- Indonesian Mooncake
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Vegan Brazilian 'No-Cheese' Puffs
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison